Jeb ready to close up shop?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Bush will ride it out until voting starts.

I will say this: There is a pretty well researched and argued theory that candidates supported by party "establishments" win the nominations, going back to McGovern-Frazier reforms in 1972 (essentially primary voters actually voted on and chose their party's nominee instead of big wigs wheeling and dealing during the nominating conventions). Bush is the clear "establishment" candidate, so if he were to fail to win it would upset a lot of our understanding of elections.

I've been in the camp that because of this Bush will end up winning the nomination. Polls are one thing, but history is another. Yet, he has been thoroughly unimpressive during this campaign. Bizarrely so. And, being a Bush in a race that will likely pit him against another political "heir," things are weird. I don't know.

Rubio could very well end up being the party's chosen one if Bush continues to falter.

You may be right but I think this election cycle may be different. There are so many conservatives SO FED UP with the Republican establishment right now that they are he!! bent on sending a message this election. The R's in Washington don't seem to recognize how fed up people are in the heartland. They also don't understand that many conservatives are not only angry but are actually AFRAID of where are country is going. And they see establishment Republicans as doing nothing about it.

As if there is a worthy challenger from the democrats. All democrat challengers suck right now. The pool is incredibly dry IMO.

I think there are several good Democratic candidates on the deck, but the pool is dry because they don't want to run against Hillary in the primary and then "against" Obama in the general.

It is similar to how McCain became something of a sacrificial lamb for the Republicans in 2008 because whoever won that primary would end up running "against" George W. Bush.

How can one who seemed to have been the leading candidate have this much trouble?

I seriously thought that he would have been the republican nominee.

So did I. I made the comment/prediction on BGP last year that the election would be another Clinton-Bush battle.

I've been more confused by what's happening in this election than any in my lifetime.

Donold Trump has derailed the usual election process like nothing I've ever seen. I thought when he announced as a candidate that it wouldn't amount to much. Jeez, was I ever wrong!

So did I. I made the comment/prediction on BGP last year that the election would be another Clinton-Bush battle.

I've been more confused by what's happening in this election than any in my lifetime.

Donold Trump has derailed the usual election process like nothing I've ever seen. I thought when he announced as a candidate that it wouldn't amount to much. Jeez, was I ever wrong!

Along with the so-called experts and talking heads.

Isn't Jeb still spend the Koch brothers $?

Jeb Bush has raised $133 million for his campaign, $108 million of which derives from super PACs. Thanks to his family connections, he's No. 1 in fund-raising among all presidential candidates. He's highly likely to be one of the final two or three left standing on the GOP side.

Jeb Bush has raised $133 million for his campaign, $108 million of which derives from super PACs. Thanks to his family connections, he's No. 1 in fund-raising among all presidential candidates. He's highly likely to be one of the final two or three left standing on the GOP side.

Yes, he most certainly will. Ol' Jeb isn't going anywhere. He'll be there at the end.

Exactly what the Dems want.

The Dems probably prefer to run against a candidate not so well endowed, financially speaking. If Jeb does win the top prize, we can give a big shout-out to the conservative majority on the Supreme Court who moved us closer to a political oligopoly with Citizens United. Lots of dark, secret money. Shhhh.