Simon Kenton 42 Highlands 3

theguru

At this point, I have to agree with you. If there is an ace in hand, now would be the time to throw it on the table. Perhaps the District games are why it has been held close to the vest. These are the games that matter for post season. I saw lightning in a bottle on that punt formation run last night.

My point is that what you have been doing for 6 weeks is not working, so maybe the approach has to be different. Can be any number of things from personnel, formations, play calling, defensive alignment, how you prepare mentally and physically for the game. Changes may not mean or do anything at the end of the day, but not trying something different would not be the answer IMO either.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is that what you have been doing for 6 weeks is not working, so maybe the approach has to be different. Can be any number of things from personnel, formations, play calling, defensive alignment, how you prepare mentally and physically for the game. Changes may not mean or do anything at the end of the day, but not trying something different would not be the answer IMO either.

Bingo! Finally you may have figured it out. You can make all the changes you want on this years team, but it won't change a thing.

There it is guys. The Gospel according to Grey Fox. How appropriate on this Sunday morning.

No reason to make adjustments. No reason to make changes. No reason to work hard, look for solutions and maximize potential, cause it won't change a thing.

Well maybe that's how you roll at Cooper but that isn't how things are done in Fort Thomas. Our expectations are a bit higher. Waiting for next year or the year after occurs when this season is over. It isn't close to over.

There it is guys. The Gospel according to Grey Fox. How appropriate on this Sunday morning.

No reason to make adjustments. No reason to make changes. No reason to work hard, look for solutions and maximize potential, cause it won't change a thing.

Well maybe that's how you roll at Cooper but that isn't how things are done in Fort Thomas. Our expectations are a bit higher. Waiting for next year or the year after occurs when this season is over. It isn't close to over.

According to some, changes have been made the last 6 weeks and the result is the same. Sometimes you simply don't have the players to make a difference is all I'm saying. You think there are players that aren't playing that are better than the starters?

I'm simply asking because it sounds like you are saying there are better players sitting on the bench than are playing on the field. Start with the QB. You tell me who you think should be playing QB. Then let's go with RB, because there is no run game either. Who should be starting RB in place of the starter.

You all have preached change for 6 weeks and some of you have said they have made some changes. The team still only has 1 win, so you tell me what change is working.

Now I never said don't work hard etc. don't put words in my mouth. You seem to have all the answers, you tell me what changes need to be made. Who should the QB be, who the RB should be, who should be starting on the O-Line and D-Line because all of those are weaknesses for this team and all of those positions are being out played by your opponents. You believe changes will work, so tell us what changes will turn this team around.

Not taking the bait on the "who", but unlike you, I do know these kids.

I know there is talent on the roster and to make no changes, whether they be personnel or scheme, is throwing in the towel. To say making changes will not beget different results is a defeatist attitude. Not willing to accept that. I would rather coaches make the moves that have been tinkered with and go down fighting.

Not taking the bait on the "who", but unlike you, I do know these kids.

I know there is talent on the roster and to make no changes, whether they be personnel or scheme, is throwing in the towel. To say making changes will not beget different results is a defeatist attitude. Not willing to accept that. I would rather coaches make the moves that have been tinkered with and go down fighting.

I never said don't try any changes. What I said is sometimes even after making changes it still comes down to the team simply doesn't have the players to make a big change.

As I said, according to some the coaches have tinkered some as you have said you'd rather happen, and the results are still the same. That is why I said sometimes all the changes in the world may not change the result.

I understand that many don't want to think that maybe this years team isn't going to win a state title, and there is nothing wrong with holding out hope that it will change. I'm just saying that sometimes a team just may not be good enough is all. Every team it happens to. doesn't mean I said give up. never said that at all.

Any sign of UK should I alert the authorities?

My guess he's taking the path of "silence is a killer". What can he say? His boys took care of business...just like he said they would. It's like when your dad told you to go to your room and he'd be in later and purposely waited a long time to go in. The whole time you are sitting in there thinking "Oh crap! What's he gonna do????" Usually that was the worst punishment of all!!

Bingo! Finally you may have figured it out. You can make all the changes you want on this years team, but it won't change a thing.

And your expert analysis is based upon your being at practice everyday and every game. You have no clue what you are talking about. You want to talk about UK fan and you are quickly taking his place.

I never said don't try any changes. What I said is sometimes even after making changes it still comes down to the team simply doesn't have the players to make a big change.

As I said, according to some the coaches have tinkered some as you have said you'd rather happen, and the results are still the same. That is why I said sometimes all the changes in the world may not change the result.

I understand that many don't want to think that maybe this years team isn't going to win a state title, and there is nothing wrong with holding out hope that it will change. I'm just saying that sometimes a team just may not be good enough is all. Every team it happens to. doesn't mean I said give up. never said that at all.

Do you know what changes have been made if any? I will answer for you with a big NO. You have seen one game, the first of the year and now you know everything there is to know about football. Give it a rest. Changes to date have been minimal at best. Time will tell if changes are made.

And again, nice effort of picking on a high school kid. I know for a fact you did not like it when others did the same to you, so grow up a little bit. These are high school kids that you get on here and talk about. I would worry about my Cooper team because based upon what I have seen, they are behind Ryle and Simon Kenton in that order.

And your expert analysis is based upon your being at practice everyday and every game. You have no clue what you are talking about. You want to talk about UK fan and you are quickly taking his place.

No, my expert analysis comes

from watching them play and not seeing any improvement.

Do you know what changes have been made if any? I will answer for you with a big NO. You have seen one game, the first of the year and now you know everything there is to know about football. Give it a rest. Changes to date have been minimal at best. Time will tell if changes are made.

And again, nice effort of picking on a high school kid. I know for a fact you did not like it when others did the same to you, so grow up a little bit. These are high school kids that you get on here and talk about. I would worry about my Cooper team because based upon what I have seen, they are behind Ryle and Simon Kenton in that order.

So now what kid am I supposedly picking on? Please tell me.

You still talking about Hergott? So talking about the game means I'm picking in a kid. Seriously you need to grow up and take your skirt off. Stating he threw 5 Int's is picking on him? Take your skirt off. It's commenting on a game. Show me any post I've made that wasn't based in his performance