Simon Kenton 42 Highlands 3

theguru

So to answer his question, you don't know. It hasn't been this year is what you are saying?

No saying the exact opposite and have been saying it since week 1. This team has trouble scoring points, let alone getting first downs. That tells me that after 6 games now, something needs to change whether it is personnel, play calling, offensive sets or whatever else you need to potentially change.

Sure the defense has given up points, but how many have been on short fields or going back out after a 3 and out? The days of trying to outscore someone are gone at least for the time being. Yes they are trying to slow the game down by huddling and running the football. Maybe that necessitates a change in philosophy. Someone mentioned putting Hergott at tight end, but guess what Highlands currently does not use one. Maybe you take a wide receiver out of the game and use an "H" back to help in protection and to be a lead blocker at the point of attack.

Defenses in the first 6 games have blitzed on almost every play to force quick decisions and to attempt to take away the run game. There were plays run last night that certainly addressed that concern and some were quite successful like the screen pass and the short over the middle dump off to Nick Kendall. More often than not these resulted in first downs to keep the chains moving.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think teams have been blitzing as much as you may think JOAT. I think teams d-lines are just getting great penetration. I know Cooper really doesn't blitz at all

And in the game against HHS may not have blitzed a single time. Just because teams get pressure on the QB doesn't mean they are blitzing to do so.

The offense needs new QB and line and they aren't walking through the door anytime soon so to think a change in personnel will work, they have to have those players already on the roster and by the reply I got when asked if their JV QB was any good,

I would take that as a no to of HHS had anyone in the roster that is better than what they already have behind center.

No saying the exact opposite and have been saying it since week 1. This team has trouble scoring points, let alone getting first downs. That tells me that after 6 games now, something needs to change whether it is personnel, play calling, offensive sets or whatever else you need to potentially change.

Sure the defense has given up points, but how many have been on short fields or going back out after a 3 and out? The days of trying to outscore someone are gone at least for the time being. Yes they are trying to slow the game down by huddling and running the football. Maybe that necessitates a change in philosophy. Someone mentioned putting Hergott at tight end, but guess what Highlands currently does not use one. Maybe you take a wide receiver out of the game and use an "H" back to help in protection and to be a lead blocker at the point of attack.

Defenses in the first 6 games have blitzed on almost every play to force quick decisions and to attempt to take away the run game. There were plays run last night that certainly addressed that concern and some were quite successful like the screen pass and the short over the middle dump off to Nick Kendall. More often than not these resulted in first downs to keep the chains moving.

I'm pretty sure that's not what he asked. Let me look. Oh yeah, he asked when was the last time Highlands didn't score a TD. Simple question. Maybe he had a deep, hidden agenda about the question but it could have been answered in a one year answer.

I don't disagree the offense is struggling but that wasn't the question.

What really stood out to me is Highlands being the team that got pushed around. Sure Dale always played up "this is the fastest team in HHS history"' date=' but they were always more physical than their opponent. I saw none of that tonight. SK pushed them around and beat them to the spot throughout. Hate to say it, but walked away thinking this Highlands team was on the soft side. Not something I ever thought I'd say, but there it is...[/quote']

Sounds like JOAT and Tbirds needs to go knock on Dynamite Dave's door and ask if he will put these boys thru the ringer he put Fortson and Maxiell thru aye?

Another thread about SK football gone straight to the toilet. Oh, and we can't even blame UKfan for this one. Perhaps it's the highlands fans and that superiority complex they have that is the culprit on here as opposed to him?

Congrats to SK. Can't wait for Ryle game. IMO SK is simply the cream around here like Dixie was last year, but you never know. Someone needs to challenge them before playoffs, think that's necessary to draw on when it gets tough in playoffs

Another thread about SK football gone straight to the toilet. Oh, and we can't even blame UKfan for this one. Perhaps it's the highlands fans and that superiority complex they have that is the culprit on here as opposed to him?

Congrats to SK. Can't wait for Ryle game. IMO SK is simply the cream around here like Dixie was last year, but you never know. Someone needs to challenge them before playoffs, think that's necessary to draw on when it gets tough in playoffs

You mean like Highlands was last year!

Absolutely nothing. It's a legitimate question. How is the JV QB?

There is nothing wrong with the question. I guess the QB position is too cerebral and confidence sensitive to try another kid out? never understood that, every other position switches guys around all the time.

when was last time Highlands was "down" 2005-2006? the playoff losses to LexCath and Cov Cath? Or 2002-2003? Those teams just lost the big games though. In the mid 80s when Eicher was coach didn't they struggle for a while?

Isn't the ultimate insult that UK#1fan doesn't even care enough to gloat?

Maybe this has been his ultimate fantasy after all those beat downs his entire life so it was such a huge part of his life he has finally realized that it isn't as fun trashing other teams anymore now that his biggest dream came true.

He has turned a new leaf and will now for once be respectable to his fellow football fans and all will be nice in BGP land from now on.

NOT!

I think that challenge was actually last week. Come playoffs if SK and Cooper meet I doubt SK will look at that game as a easy W of TCA is playing.