American Pharoah to Travers

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can blame this one on the big egos of the Zayats. Baffert didnt wanna run in the Travers (1 for 20 in his last graded races at the Spa). Three week spacing with all that travel. The Zayats never even had a horse in the Travers before so this was a race they wanted to win in spite of doing what was best for the horse.

If they are smart they will not run again until the BC

If AP would have won in a walk and headed to the BC Classic then Beholder would most likely not go in the Classic. Now with AP defeated and maybe not even in the Classic' date=' I think Beholder is very likely to run in the Classic.[/quote']

Disagree. Beholder is the best horse in America and would of gone to the Classic regardless of the Travers results. She will win the Classic.

You can blame this one on the big egos of the Zayats. Baffert didnt wanna run in the Travers (1 for 20 in his last graded races at the Spa). Three week spacing with all that travel. The Zayats never even had a horse in the Travers before so this was a race they wanted to win in spite of doing what was best for the horse.

If they are smart they will not run again until the BC

Zakat is talking retirement, hopefully that's just the disappointment talking.

He is a very emotional guy as evidenced by how many times he switches trainers with horses. Super huge ego on him. If AP is okay there is no way he retires him before the BC.

He really tried to deflect any negativity saying "its for the fans". Trust me,,,,these are millionaires that own the horses and its all about them and their wishes,,,,they pay the bills.

No it won't. He was not undefeated, finished fifth in his first start. He lost no respect today from the people who will be paying the stud fees.

I generally agree with this. Another loss could impact his initial stud fees, but over the longer term, the fees will be more impacted by his progeny and their successes.

I saw the video of AP yesterday, and he looked great. He is a great horse, but a horse nonetheless, and they all have so-so outings. I personally would have like to see him stay on the east coast the last three weeks, but that is the owner/trainer's choice. Keen Ice has been getting better every start, and he never quits. He's a nice horse from Glencrest Farms in Midway.

Here is a nice video for your enjoyment:

Watch the rails go by, and you get an appreciation for these magnificent animals.

Disagree. Beholder is the best horse in America and would of gone to the Classic regardless of the Travers results. She will win the Classic.

I think it will be a pretty tough field. She has the physical talent, no doubt, but racing against the boys is a tall order.

I think it will be a pretty tough field. She has the physical talent, no doubt, but racing against the boys is a tall order.

She dominated the boys in the PC two weeks ago. Hand ride. Weaker field than BC Classic, but toyed with 9 males while winning by 8 lengths at the 1 1/4 BC Classic distance. She became the first female to win the 1,000,000 race. Gary Stevens will win the Classic aboard her.