Documentary Recommendations

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you have Netflix pull up "Supermensch."

It's about the fascinating life of Shep Gordon who was a manager for many acts such as Alice Cooper, Teddy Pendergrass, Luther, etc.

The life this guy led. Crazy. Very interesting.

Totally forgot about that one! Mike Meyers (of SNL, Wayne's World, Austin Powers and Shrek notariety) made that documentary. Super interesting watch!

Loved Supermensch!

I liked the Sheik documentary but it is more than a little sad. Definitely not a WWE peaches and cream production.

You know, it definitely had it's sad moments...especially the part about his daughter, I had no clue about that. BUT, if you think about it, at it's core it's the "American dream" story. And if you listen to him, he really talks about how he loves this country and how good it's been to him and the opportunities it offered him that he just wouldn't have gotten in Iran.

I think one of the most interesting parts is when he was getting ready to fight Hogan and what several wrestlers and Verne Gagne told him to do to the Hulk.

You know, it definitely had it's sad moments...especially the part about his daughter, I had no clue about that. BUT, if you think about it, at it's core it's the "American dream" story. And if you listen to him, he really talks about how he loves this country and how good it's been to him and the opportunities it offered him that he just wouldn't have gotten in Iran.

I think one of the most interesting parts is when he was getting ready to fight Hogan and what several wrestlers and Verne Gagne told him to do to the Hulk.

I agree there were a lot of happy parts. I am so used to watching WWE productions on past stars, and the WWE does a terrific job, that the Sheik caught me off guard.

I agree there were a lot of happy parts. I am so used to watching WWE productions on past stars, and the WWE does a terrific job, that the Sheik caught me off guard.

I see. I have never watched any of the WWE productions that I know of, so I don't have a point of reference to compare The Sheik to. I take it their stuff is all fluffy goodness?

I have really liked the Fox News series, The West. Legends& Lies. It is a O'Reilly production, but narrated by historians. The Bass Reeves story was especially good about the original Lone Ranger.

Bill is certainly proud of the series.

I see. I have never watched any of the WWE productions that I know of, so I don't have a point of reference to compare The Sheik to. I take it their stuff is all fluffy goodness?

You only survive in the WWE if you get over with the crowd so they really know how to tell an engaging story that promotes both the subject matter and the WWE.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sins of My Father Just finished watching this one.......very interesting. His son does mention burning millions of dollars for heating.

Here's the trailer......you can catch this one on Netflix

This is the incredible true story of Pablo Escobar, the infamous boss of Colombia's Medellin drug cartel, told for the very first time by his son Sebastian and his widow Maria Isabel Santos. In Nicolas Entel's film, Sebastian tells of his extraordinary childhood, growing up with a father he loved but whom he knew to be Colombia's number one enemy. But this is also the story of two of Escobar's most prominent victims, who were among hundreds that Escobar had killed in the 1980's. The film follows Sebastian as he tries to break the cycle of revenge and assassination by seeking reconciliation with the sons of his father's victims.