Documentary Recommendations

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you have Netflix check out "Tig."

It's about a year with comedian Tig Notaro. In that year she had a serious disease, her mom died, she went through a breakup, was diagnosed with breast cancer, lost both breasts, and THEN tried to have a child.

Interesting from her comedic style as well as from a human interest story.

Watched Tig when I got home this evening. Solid watch.

If you have Netflix pull up "Supermensch."

It's about the fascinating life of Shep Gordon who was a manager for many acts such as Alice Cooper, Teddy Pendergrass, Luther, etc.

The life this guy led. Crazy. Very interesting.

If you have Netflix pull up "Supermensch."

It's about the fascinating life of Shep Gordon who was a manager for many acts such as Alice Cooper, Teddy Pendergrass, Luther, etc.

The life this guy led. Crazy. Very interesting.

Totally forgot about that one! Mike Meyers (of SNL, Wayne's World, Austin Powers and Shrek notariety) made that documentary. Super interesting watch!

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched "Cash For Kids" on Netflix.

Perfect example of a judge who plays to fears, thinks he has to solve all of society's ills, lies about knowing something he did was illegal, and was tripping on power.

Even if you take out the illegalities the guy ruined the lives of countless kids.

Enlightening but it should make you mad.

Watched the biography of Johnny Carson which just aired on KYTV. He was really a brilliant guy, but different than his public persona. He was THE icon of late night television, and when I was in high school, I would watch him every night laying in my bed (I lived in the Central time zone BTW).

I posted this in a thread by itself, but "Beware of Mr. Baker" was really good, about the life of Cream drummer extraordinaire Ginger Baker.

"The Sheik", about the life of WWF wrestler The Iron Sheik was pretty darn good too.

I started to watch the Iron Sheik one a couple months ago, but I think I had been drinking at the time and didn't make it far into it. Need to watch that one.

Saturday I watched the Netflix Documentary about Joseph Fritzl. I first read the Wikipedia page about him and his case........WOW!!!! Simply UNBELIEVABLE, what possess a person to do this!!! Talk about a place reserved in Hell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case

I saw that pop up on my Netflix recommendations. I didn't watch it yet, but I Googled him, and WOW. You're right about a special place in hell...

I posted this in a thread by itself, but "Beware of Mr. Baker" was really good, about the life of Cream drummer extraordinaire Ginger Baker.

"The Sheik", about the life of WWF wrestler The Iron Sheik was pretty darn good too.

I started to watch the Iron Sheik one a couple months ago, but I think I had been drinking at the time and didn't make it far into it. Need to watch that one.

I liked the Sheik documentary but it is more than a little sad. Definitely not a WWE peaches and cream production.