St. Louis Cardinals Investigated by F.B.I. for Hacking Astros

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a Cards fan I'm really disappointed, even if it turns out to just be one or two people doing something stupid.

Fire everyone involved as far as I'm concerned.

Reputation means a lot and now unfortunately the Cardinals will be lumped in with the Patriots.

As a Cards fan I'm really disappointed, even if it turns out to just be one or two people doing something stupid.

Fire everyone involved as far as I'm concerned.

Reputation means a lot and now unfortunately the Cardinals will be lumped in with the Patriots.

To the bolded, I'm not sure who it was that they had on Mike & Mike this morning but in his opinion this is way bigger than that or the FBI probably wouldn't be involved. He mentioned a few times that if it was a few drunk interns just pulling a prank, he didn't think there would be FBI involvement.

Compared it to corporate espionage.

To the bolded, I'm not sure who it was that they had on Mike & Mike this morning but in his opinion this is way bigger than that or the FBI probably wouldn't be involved. He mentioned a few times that if it was a few drunk interns just pulling a prank, he didn't think there would be FBI involvement.

Compared it to corporate espionage.

Cardinals have come out strong saying that it didn't go up to Mo or DeWitt. The FBI traced it to a home that was being used by multiple employees (likely lower level).

Cardinals have come out strong saying that it didn't go up to Mo or DeWitt. The FBI traced it to a home that was being used by multiple employees (likely lower level).

Meaning the information that the lower level employees found didn't get sent up to the higher levels? I find that a little hard to believe.

Lower levels trying to move up the ladder.

Who knows at this point.

Reports coming out that it's one of two things.

A. It's been established it came from an employees home. Not the stl cardinals offices. Some saying it's a prank by that employee. he didn't break into their system. He simply used his old username and password from when the Astros gm worked for stl.

B. others say it may be an effort to try and see how much the Astros gm stole from the cardinals when he left. The cardinals had proprietary rights to their scouting software and databases. The cardinals have suspected for 2 years that he stole that when he left. This may have been an effort to see how much he stole as the cardinals have been rumored to be exploring civil action against the Astros gm for stealing proprietary information.

The key thing to remember is that nobody has accused the cardinals of stealing anything. just that somebody hacked (used an old username and password by former stl employee who is now Astros gm) into the Astros system...