Products You Won't Buy (Again)

JokersWild24

I will never buy a Ford!! Bought brand new 2002 Explorer for over 30k.. fuel pump went out at 17k, then transmission issue at 45k (warranty covered both). Then when warranty ended at 75k the real issues started. About 7 different wheel bearings, rebuilt transmission, rear end differential, some switch that controls cruise control, cracked plastic on rear hatch.. and I'm sure there are more. I looked up on the internet and found THOUSANDS of owners with the same exact issues and Ford would do nothing to even assist with repair costs. The service manager even admitted they are on their 4th fix on the wheel bearings and they still won't assist.

I've kept the vehicle as I need a 4 wheel drive where I live and the interior and exterior are in mint shape and the ride is nice.

I let the entire floor room full of customers know about their product the last time I was there. I'm about to go test drive a full size truck and let them get all the deals worked out and then tell them why I won't purchase it after I would have if they would have just admitted the issue that are published on-line for everyone to see... there, my 10,000 rant about Ford is over.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will never buy a Ford!! Bought brand new 2002 Explorer for over 30k.. fuel pump went out at 17k, then transmission issue at 45k (warranty covered both). Then when warranty ended at 75k the real issues started. About 7 different wheel bearings, rebuilt transmission, rear end differential, some switch that controls cruise control, cracked plastic on rear hatch.. and I'm sure there are more. I looked up on the internet and found THOUSANDS of owners with the same exact issues and Ford would do nothing to even assist with repair costs. The service manager even admitted they are on their 4th fix on the wheel bearings and they still won't assist.

I've kept the vehicle as I need a 4 wheel drive where I live and the interior and exterior are in mint shape and the ride is nice.

I let the entire floor room full of customers know about their product the last time I was there. I'm about to go test drive a full size truck and let them get all the deals worked out and then tell them why I won't purchase it after I would have if they would have just admitted the issue that are published on-line for everyone to see... there, my 10,000 rant about Ford is over.

I feel the exact same way about GMC...bought 2 a Truck and an Envoy. Replaced engine, rear end, AC compressor (both vehicles), repaired air ride several times (finally ripped it out), replaced fuel pump twice on same vehicle.

I've had an Explorer, 3 Expeditions, 3 F-150's and 2 Mustangs and have 1/10th the trouble that I've had out of those two GMCs

^curious as to the year of your Explorer. I can just about guarantee it wasn't a 2002. I think they just had a flawed year and I can understand things like that can happen. But, if you don't own up to the flaw and don't take care of the customer, then most won't come back. In another month I will have 5 drivers in my family and Ford lost out on a lot of business and possibly business for years as I have informed my kids how crappy this vehicle has been.

Again, all car companies will have issues from time to time but it's how you handle the problem.

WOW!

I own a weed whacker, blower and chain saw. All great products.

I have a blower and chainsaw, both have been a complete pain in the rear compared to other brands we use. We run them commercially but they are marketed for commercial use so that shouldn't be an issue. We get two years max out of them before we start having problems. Our shindaiwa equipment on the other hand has been rock solid. The stihl stuff may work fine for homeowner use, but I'll never buy it again for commercial use.