How do such large companies miss so badly? ESPN?? Come on.

mexitucky

What bad would come from it? That is exactly what she wants. To bring attention to the issue and to help those coming after her.

Easy. By far the majority of those interested in this award, I believe, think there are far more deserving recipients, which I agree. You don't want a bunch of boos, guffaws, nervous laughter, sporadic half hearted applause...all of which you could get should Jenner take the stage and accept the award. The whole ceremony then becomes something other than what it's intended to be.

To be honest, I think the whole thing (Jenner) has become a complete circus, and I don't care of that's PC to say or not.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just say that I find it hilarious that the first example on the definition you linked was about supporting unpopular causes.

Courage is relative. If we base things on the physical pain someone went through, why not any military service person who later became involved with athletics?

I'm just going to agree to disagree on this subject, because I'm unsure I can converse with you without saying something to get banned. And I like it here, for the most part.

Can I just say that I find it hilarious that the first example on the definition you linked was about supporting unpopular causes.

Courage is relative. If we base things on the physical pain someone went through, why not any military service person who later became involved with athletics?

I'm just going to agree to disagree on this subject, because I'm unsure I can converse with you without saying something to get banned. And I like it here, for the most part.

That is another group that people are supporting.

If ESPN wants to go transgender, pick a current athlete who has been facing the challenges in real time. Not someone who has been living the life of a millionaire in the protected bubble of fame and fortune. There are better options.

A few items:

I thought your overall point was very interesting and thought-provoking. It boils down to how you define a word and one's actions. Mex disagreed and is in the majority, I would presume.

However, no need to say anything to him that might get you banned just because he thinks you're crazy.

Trust me, I've been in your spot quite a bit. It's no big deal. Keep making us think.

A few items:

I thought your overall point was very interesting and thought-provoking. It boils down to how you define a word and one's actions. Mex disagreed and is in the majority, I would presume.

However, no need to say anything to him that might get you banned just because he thinks you're crazy.

Trust me, I've been in your spot quite a bit. It's no big deal. Keep making us think.

Not crazy, I just don't see how someone can definitively say how they would handle their final months as they are counting down the days until they die. I've seen enough people go through it to know that nobody can say. A couple wanted to be surrounded by just family, some wanted to be completely alone. None of them had the energy to give of themselves like Hill did. It was like she truly sacrificed her final months for something bigger.

Not crazy, I just don't see how someone can definitively say how they would handle their final months as they are counting down the days until they die. I've seen enough people go through it to know that nobody can say. A couple wanted to be surrounded by just family, some wanted to be completely alone. None of them had the energy to give of themselves like Hill did. It was like she truly sacrificed her final months for something bigger.

And I can see people ending their life early so not only they do not have to go through it, but don't want to put their family through it either. Though it would be controversial, that could be courageous although many would disagree. What Lauren Hill did was amazing and inspired many people. She also helped raise over $2m dollars in a short period of time.

Agreed. Something else I didn't think of that I saw, Jenner chose to go down this path. Lauren Hill didn't have a choice.

I typically will record the ESPY's for the opening monologue and then the Arthur Ashe award. I don't plan on tuning in this year.

I really think they should have given it to Lauren Hill and if not her, then the young man who apparently finished second. I believe his name is Noah.

I typically will record the ESPY's for the opening monologue and then the Arthur Ashe award. I don't plan on tuning in this year.

I really think they should have given it to Lauren Hill and if not her, then the young man who apparently finished second. I believe his name is Noah.

He's the military guy that lost his arm and leg in an explosion and is now running and competing in races, right?

He's the military guy that lost his arm and leg in an explosion and is now running and competing in races, right?

Yeah, Noah Galloway.

Apparently he was also on Dancing With the Stars. Didn't know that. But you are correct, lost an arm and leg during his military service.

I wish they would have given it to him or Lauren Hill over Jenner.

Sorry, as long as Bruce/Kaitlyn has male plumbing, I'm referring to him as a he that likes to dress up as a woman. Just my opinion, sorry if some of you don't like it, that's the way I see it. I would not nominate him for such an award.

Sorry, as long as Bruce/Kaitlyn has male plumbing, I'm referring to him as a he that likes to dress up as a woman. Just my opinion, sorry if some of you don't like it, that's the way I see it. I would not nominate him for such an award.

He/She is getting it removed I believe. Who does that change for you?