Lauren Hill dies of cancer

SportsGuy41017

Lauren Hill touched a nation with her desire to play for Mount St. Joseph's women's basketball team, even as she battled an inoperable brain tumor.

Her resolve, spirit and courage were celebrated Nov. 2 when she realized her dream at Xavier University's Cintas Center. Cheered on by a sold-out crowd of 10,250 and a television audience, Lauren scored the first and last basket of the Mount's 66-55 victory over Hiram College.

Lauren's battle with brain cancer ended April 10. She was 19.

Lauren Hill dies after inspirational battle with cancer

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/cincinnati/lauren-hill-family-confirms-hill-has-died

This is what I posted on Facebook about Lauren and the video above...

Lauren Hill was only supposed to score 2 points in her college career and doctors told her she would be very lucky to see Thanksgiving and especially Christmas. She ended up playing in 4 college basketball games and totaling 10 points in her career. Not only did she see Thanksgiving and Christmas, but also New Year's Day and Easter. This video captured what is still my favorite moment since I've been covering basketball and I suspect that will never change. As Jimmy V once said, "if you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day." November 2, 2014 was one heck of a day. I laughed...I thought...and I cried. Thank you Lauren for being such a blessing.

She should get serious consideration for the Jimmy V award posthumously. I can't think of anybody better to accept that award on her behalf than her parents and the Still's. That would be one awesome tribute to a true hero.

Edited by kings102876

She should get serious consideration for the Jimmy V award posthumously. I can't think of anybody better to accept that award on her behalf than her parents and the Still's. That would be one awesome tribute to a true hero.

This