Kansas State fans pin Bill Self, check Kansas player during court storm

SportsGuy41017

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One potentially feasible option would be to post signs and let it be known that any unauthorized person to enter the court will be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. This won't defer everyone, but it'll cut down the numbers quite a bit IMO, and while they won't be able to arrest everyone, if people see they're arresting those they can and are following through with it, maybe over time it'll end the issue.

They are. But in fairness, there are not many court storming opportunities in the SEC.

Why are there any less than other conferences? It also applies to football if you think the SEC doesn't have enough good basketball teams to warrant court storming.

Why are there any less than other conferences? It also applies to football if you think the SEC doesn't have enough good basketball teams to warrant court storming.

Outside of UK or when Florida is good, teams are not exactly filling their arenas for college basketball in the SEC. Maybe the $25,000 penalty is a deterrent, but that has nothing to do with those storming the court. If they take additional measures because of it, then people should take note.

I know when I was at Indiana, there was no chance. There would have had to have been riot police with shields surrounding the entire court.

Even at a high school game, there's no stopping it.

Nope. There sure isn't. I think people forget that when truly trying to address the issue. You can't stop it if it happens.

I can't go out onto the field of GABP and celebrate a no-hitter against the Cardinals. As UKMF said, treat someone going on the court in the same way. Ends it real quick.

Riot in the streets and burn stuff instead.

Come on man, most people are asleep at the end of baseball games. :lol2: :lol2: You can't compare an MLB crowd to a student section at a college basketball game. Apples and oranges right there.

This is my video from the IU game in 2012. Watch how fast it happens in real time and tell me how this could be stopped:

Ain't no stopping that. Not a fine. Not a forfeit. You'd need some kind of barricade or structure or some kind of wall around the court. Otherwise......you can't stop the bum rush.

Ain't no stopping that. Not a fine. Not a forfeit. You'd need some kind of barricade or structure or some kind of wall around the court. Otherwise......you can't stop the bum rush.

Security ran to us (visiting media) and screamed "stay in your seats!" They warned us that we did not want to go down there.