Kansas State fans pin Bill Self, check Kansas player during court storm

SportsGuy41017

Me and my 6 year old was watching PTI and it showed Kansas state storming the floor.

He asked me, "dad, did that team win the championship?"

I said, "no".

He then repiled, " then why are they running onto the court?"

I had to laugh and tell him "I don't know why."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Friend of mine came up with what I think is a better way of stopping it.

Let it be known that any unauthorized persons on the court will face disciplinary action from the university. Monitor the video and identify as many of them as you can. Those you identify, get suspended for the rest of the semester and put on probation. This will stop real quick when Mommy and Daddy's tuition money is wasted because Jr. wanted to act like an idiot.

Me and my 6 year old was watching PTI and it showed Kansas state storming the floor.

He asked me, "dad, did that team win the championship?"

I said, "no".

He then repiled, " then why are they running onto the court?"

I had to laugh and tell him "I don't know why."

You're 6 year old son is smarter than most college kids apparently. :thumb:

Good. Lucky the KU player didn't put him through the hoop.

Yep, lucky he's as brave as he is smart and he beat it the heck out of there before the player could figure what had happened. Pretty sad. Lot's of ways to enjoy the moment without this garbage.

People get hurt doing all kinds of things. People fall from stadium seats after going for foul balls. Should we ban foul balls from happening? I know one is avoidable and one really isn't but again, that's an extremely unfortunate case. Happened once in what 50 or 60 years?

Not a good reference, Going for a foul ball and falling is a risk the person takes by choice, an opposing teams player getting run over by a storming crowd not his choice.

Not a good reference, Going for a foul ball and falling is a risk the person takes by choice, an opposing teams player getting run over by a storming crowd not his choice.

While I agree it's not the best comparison, my point was that foul balls have been the cause of multiple tragic injuries over the years. Court storming has been the cause of what? 1 or 2? People are calling for getting rid of court storming. Why aren't people calling for nets around baseball stadiums?