NKY Running Backs 2015

uk#1fan

Let me try this and hopefully people can see this for what it is. I assume that these are career numbers. Pretty obvious that England's stats are for one year only. Could someone break these numbers down by opponent. Without a doubt all are quality running backs based upon the numbers, but what about the competition level for each? What was the running back situation at said school? I do not see Stringer's name on this list and that would be because he had to share time at Beechwood. There are no kids from Highlands because they do not have just one running back that gets the ball 20-25 times a game and in many cases someone has to wait their turn. The same thing can be said about running backs at CovCath. Heck probably their best back last year was playing defense. In these cases, numbers really do not mean anything when evaluating a kids ability to play or not play at the next level. College coaches evaluate these kids on film and in person at camps and such and if they are really interested they will show up on campus to watch practice or a game live.

Question is do any of these kids have an offer on the table as yet? Not attempting to belittle rather just curious. Everyone can argue for their kid, but truth is the numbers would be different if they played at other schools. Smith played at NCC as a frosh, would he have played at Ryle, Simon Kenton, Cooper, Highlands, CovCath or Beechwood? England played varsity as a frosh at a different position and would he have played more as a running back at NCC, Cooper, SK, Highlands, CovCath or Beechwood? Those are the two kids that I am most familiar with which is why I commented on them specifically. If Stringer had attended SK, would Powell be the main running back?

All questions for you to ponder rather than attempting to tear someone else down to make yourself feel better.

I don't have Stringers numbers but he chose to go to Beechwood. Smith has played against 6A teams every year. One of Powell's best games was in the playoffs against Lafayette.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me try this and hopefully people can see this for what it is. I assume that these are career numbers. Pretty obvious that England's stats are for one year only. Could someone break these numbers down by opponent. Without a doubt all are quality running backs based upon the numbers, but what about the competition level for each? What was the running back situation at said school? I do not see Stringer's name on this list and that would be because he had to share time at Beechwood. There are no kids from Highlands because they do not have just one running back that gets the ball 20-25 times a game and in many cases someone has to wait their turn. The same thing can be said about running backs at CovCath. Heck probably their best back last year was playing defense. In these cases, numbers really do not mean anything when evaluating a kids ability to play or not play at the next level. College coaches evaluate these kids on film and in person at camps and such and if they are really interested they will show up on campus to watch practice or a game live.

Question is do any of these kids have an offer on the table as yet? Not attempting to belittle rather just curious. Everyone can argue for their kid, but truth is the numbers would be different if they played at other schools. Smith played at NCC as a frosh, would he have played at Ryle, Simon Kenton, Cooper, Highlands, CovCath or Beechwood? England played varsity as a frosh at a different position and would he have played more as a running back at NCC, Cooper, SK, Highlands, CovCath or Beechwood? Those are the two kids that I am most familiar with which is why I commented on them specifically. If Stringer had attended SK, would Powell be the main running back?

All questions for you to ponder rather than attempting to tear someone else down to make yourself feel better.

Nice job clarifying!!

I like the England kid he has a great size. I just don't think he is the best. I watched the replay of Ryle/SK game done by Ryles broadcast team. The announcers said he fumbles a lot. I don't know if he does. He didn't fumble against SK.

You are exactly right. The numbers are not an even measuring stick if you only show career numbers instead of just last seasons when they were all playing as featured back if they weren't hurt.

Armstrong for instance wasn't the starting RB for Cooper the year before, the starting RB for Cooper was Avery Bricking. Armstrong didn't start becoming the feature back until way after the majority of the season was gone. Comparing Powell's carries alone to Armstrongs' when they were both sophomores, Powell had 117 and Armstrong only 55 carries that year. Makes a pretty big difference.

so depending on who they had in front of them had everything to do with how much playing time they got as underclassmen.

Powell missed 5 games and 2 games his Sophomore and Junior year. His numbers would have been a lot better. He had 130 yards in the first quarter against Collins and then someone stepped on his ankle.

Powell missed 5 games and 2 games his Sophomore and Junior year. His numbers would have been a lot better. He had 130 yards in the first quarter against Collins and then someone stepped on his ankle.

Armstrong's numbers would be better also if he didn't break his leg against Dixie in 2013

Englands numbers would be better if he wasn't nursing a pulled groin most of the year last year.

Every RB would have better numbers if they were always 100%

Armstrong's numbers would be better also if he didn't break his leg against Dixie in 2013

Englands numbers would be better if he wasn't nursing a pulled groin most of the year last year.

Every RB would have better numbers if they were always 100%

I think the RB tandems from Scott and Holy Cross maybe the most talented in NKY. HC has 2 6'0 220lbs RB's (Abernathy/Barnes) and we all know how good the Scott RB's (London/Pleasant) are.

I think the RB tandems from Scott and Holy Cross maybe the most talented in NKY. HC has 2 6'0 220lbs RB's (Abernathy/Barnes) and we all know how good the Scott RB's (London/Pleasant) are.

I guess we all can just sit back and wait for this year to begin to see who we all think is the best rb in NKY.

I agree with Tandems. Tandems and RB By committee will win alot of 4th quarters. Ryle will have England, Bateman, McGregor, Chisholm (So). If they all get carries, that is a good thing. Chisholm as a Fr had like 50 TD's in 8 games. I know, I know, Freshman Ball??? But the kid has the Body of a Junior, best field vision I have ever seen by a kid that young. The kid is tearing up on Varsity Track. Imagine if you bring in Fresh legs in the 4th, what is that going to do to defenses? I can see Ryle scoring points then pounding the running game if they get a lead. 4 headed running attack

SK has Dylan Hampton and Giante Hicks backing up Powell. Hampton add some good muscle this year. He got a bunch of carries last year. Hicks is 200 pounds can't wait to see him on the field.

I am not certain on Scott's 2 running backs numbers , but I look for them both to produce very large numbers , and don't be surprised to see Nelson Perrin take some carries as a wing back . He will be a sophomore, and has speed and will be a good 3rd threat in the Eagles back field .

I am not certain on Scott's 2 running backs numbers , but I look for them both to produce very large numbers , and don't be surprised to see Nelson Perrin take some carries as a wing back . He will be a sophomore, and has speed and will be a good 3rd threat in the Eagles back field .

London had over 900 yards and Pleasant had over 700.

London had over 900 yards and Pleasant had over 700.

London - who is actually the featured back - rushed for 940 YDS, 9 TDS on 164 carries. Pleasant - who is on the field offense, defense & special teams - rushed for 843 YDS, 7 TDS on just 82 carries. If the game @ East Jessamine don't get called due to weather, then Scott could have had two backs go over 1,000 YDS on the season. But they definitely gel very well together sharing the back field(accounting for over 60% of Scott's scoring). They could arguably be the top 1-2 punch in NKY). To be considered a top dual threat on a statewide level, they'd have to lead Scott deep into the playoffs. Not sure they can do that without a passing game.

London - who is actually the featured back - rushed for 940 YDS, 9 TDS on 164 carries. Pleasant - who is on the field offense, defense & special teams - rushed for 843 YDS, 7 TDS on just 82 carries. If the game @ East Jessamine don't get called due to weather, then Scott could have had two backs go over 1,000 YDS on the season. But they definitely gel very well together sharing the back field(accounting for over 60% of Scott's scoring). They could arguably be the top 1-2 punch in NKY). To be considered a top dual threat on a statewide level, they'd have to lead Scott deep into the playoffs. Not sure they can do that without a passing game.

Well said ..50 yard liner !! I agree !! Hopefully a big season for these boys and the rushing attack offense, and hopefully a fresh confident passing team to balance it !!! Go Eagles !!