Beau Hoge Role At BYU

Clyde

Just curious, what would an emphasis on academics have to do with a kid graduating or not graduating early? Is it because Highlands requires more credits to graduate than whatever is the national high school standard?

No. Highlands simply does not allow kids to graduate early. Not sure what the exact reasoning is to be honest.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Highlands simply does not allow kids to graduate early. Not sure what the exact reasoning is to be honest.

Gotcha, thanks. It would be interesting to see if that policy would hold up if a kid wanted to challenge it legally, provided he/she accumulated requisite credits to meet the graduation standard. With that said, I am firmly in the camp that supports disallowing early graduation - I like the idea of a kid finishing high school in the traditional manner.

The other point I wanted to make is that if a kid did graduate from Highlands early, I don't see why that would in any way be an indictment on Highlands' commitment to academic excellence, or lack thereof.

Gotcha' date=' thanks. It would be interesting to see if that policy would hold up if a kid wanted to challenge it legally, provided he/she accumulated requisite credits to meet the graduation standard. With that said, I am firmly in the camp that supports disallowing early graduation - I like the idea of a kid finishing high school in the traditional manner. The other point I wanted to make is that if a kid did graduate from Highlands early, I don't see why that would in any way be an indictment on Highlands' commitment to academic excellence, or lack thereof.[/quote']

I do not think it is possible with the way HHS awards credits. I THINK you only get your credits at the end of the year vs end of the semester.

2 thoughts on this:

- If a kid wanted a way around, couldn't the parent just withdrawl the kid from school and declare them a "home school" graduate?

- One the other hand, if high school really is a 3 1/2 year program, then there is an awfully lot of resources (time and money) being consumed with making kids go that last semester.

I do not think it is possible with the way HHS awards credits. I THINK you only get your credits at the end of the year vs end of the semester.

Correct, you have to have so many credits in all the core classes and the credits do not count until final semester Senior year for things like Math and English.

Just curious, what would an emphasis on academics have to do with a kid graduating or not graduating early? Is it because Highlands requires more credits to graduate than whatever is the national high school standard?

Exaclty my thoughts way to toot the Highlands horn. If the kid is good academic standing and has the requirments to graduate, Highlands still says no??? Not sure they can even do that..... But why would they?

Exaclty my thoughts way to toot the Highlands horn. If the kid is good academic standing and has the requirments to graduate, Highlands still says no??? Not sure they can even do that..... But why would they?

I don't believe it is possible the way the classes are set up. But I am not 100% on that.

Very good player. With that said I would expect him to be holding a clipboard and charting plays during the games next year.:popcorn:

You may be correct on that one. That would be a great way to watch and learn. Trust me, he is an extremely quick learner so he will be ready when called upon.

Oh, and what's up with the fella eating popcorn. I sense you are looking for something else.

Just sayin!

You may be correct on that one. That would be a great way to watch and learn. Trust me, he is an extremely quick learner so he will be ready when called upon.

Oh, and what's up with the fella eating popcorn. I sense you are looking for something else.

Just sayin!

Not at all. Saw this cat at state finals as well as 3 or 4 BYU games on tv this year. There going to put some more size on him and not throw him to the wolves like some we know. If they are going to run the offense like they have the last few years I can see their interest in Mr. Hoge as a qb.

Not at all. Saw this cat at state finals as well as 3 or 4 BYU games on tv this year. There going to put some more size on him and not throw him to the wolves like some we know. If they are going to run the offense like they have the last few years I can see their interest in Mr. Hoge as a qb.

:thumb:

Well my thoughts are 1) Highlands and its fans can toot their little ole horn anytime they want especially when talking about one of our own and 2) leave it to a non-Highlands fan to challenge the system and the excellence in academics that works...:thumb:

Thanks for your concerns though...

Now back to the thread, A question that came to mind today to me is, can anyone name how many Highlands Qbs have gone on to play D1 football?