Beau Hoge Role At BYU

Clyde

Well my thoughts are 1) Highlands and its fans can toot their little ole horn anytime they want especially when talking about one of our own and 2) leave it to a non-Highlands fan to challenge the system and the excellence in academics that works...:thumb:

Thanks for your concerns though...

Now back to the thread, A question that came to mind today to me is, can anyone name how many Highlands Qbs have gone on to play D1 football?

Off the top of my head. Towles, Lorenzen, Guidulgi, Walz, Kremer, Bardo and Hoge. Am I missing anyone?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive my ignorance on the subject but will Beau have to do a mission trip as well?

Being Mormon myself and going on a mission, I can answer this one. No, he does not have to serve a mission. It is entirely his decision if he wants to or not. Yes, it is highly recommended and the church teaches that he should go, but if he chooses not to, that is okay too. It is not a requirement nor will a person be shunned if he or she chooses not to serve a mission.

Being Mormon myself and going on a mission' date=' I can answer this one. No, he does not have to serve a mission. It is entirely his decision if he wants to or not. Yes, it is highly recommended and the church teaches that he should go, but if he chooses not to, that is okay too. It is not a requirement nor will a person be shunned if he or she chooses not to serve a mission.[/quote']

Best guess as to the percentage of BYU kids that go on a mission?

Best guess as to the percentage of BYU kids that go on a mission?

Probably about 95% or so. That is just a guess, but most young men go unless they have some other huge commitment like a scholarship or something. As you know, BYU and I think U of Utah will deferr such things for 2 years while they get the mission done.

Off the top of my head. Towles, Lorenzen, Guidulgi, Walz, Kremer, Bardo and Hoge. Am I missing anyone?

Missed Tim Racke, I think he played in Big 10 maybe Purdue and actually played in the league

I think one of the Cecil boys played at UK,

Without digging in the vaults I am going to go out on a limb and say there were at least 2 more from back in the day.

• 3 years later...