Seeding vs. Blind Draw

Which method is better?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which method is better?

• Seeding the district
    • Blind Draw the district

Just curious, has MaCo ever played in St.Patrick's or Augusta's gyms just as a scheduled game, nothing to do with seeding?

Probally back in the olden days when all the schools had an area with the rings to tie their horses too so they could watch the games. :facepalm:

Edited by polarbear98

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How can it be counted as 2 games and why would the schools agree to count it as two games? Just does not make sense to me.

Paris and Bourbon County used to play GRC only once per year. That game counted as two district games for seeding purposes. This was allowed so that these teams could play other opponents. It had to count as two games for seeding purposes in order to keep the number of games played in a district even at a total of 6.

Bourbon County now plays GRC twice in a season, but Paris still only plays once.

All other district match-ups are twice per season.

GRC and Paris alternate home venues each season.

Cannot justify in my mind anything but seeding. At this time of year, a team should earn advancement; not draw advancement!!! IMO. The blind draw assuredly weakens the probability of the best two teams going to regional. I.e. Mason not even making it two years in a row. With a weaker field in the regional, it can pyramid to the luck of the draw as to who draws the weakest district runner-up. We are trying to find the best Regional Champion and to me that means we want the teams to earn their way, not draw their way to the Regional. NO Entitlements in basketball. Work for what you get. Seeding would not necessitate two games, would it? How about just one against each opponent and when two schedule multiple games, they designate in advance the seeding game. Believe that happens in Boone Co. District now????

As always, there are two sides to the debate: Those in favor of seeding, and those who are wrong.

But seriously, seed them all. if there were a reliable means of seeding region tourneys I'd endorse it there too.

At least they try a modified seeding in the regionals, with winners playing losers and district winners in opposite bracket from their district runner-up. Theoretically prevents best team to not meet second best in opening game, which is an absolutely crazy thing that happens in draw districts.