• Seeding the district
    • Blind Draw the district

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why play the regular season district games if you are going to draw for the district tournament?

They have no relevance.

It's so that a district could possibly get a poor 3 or 4 team playing against each other and the winner advances to the Regional tournament while having a 1 vs. 2 eliminate the other from the Regional tournament.

Depends on the year for me :lol2: This season heck yes give me the blind draw and hope we dont get the blue pill. Take our chances with the orange or green pills.

And to GRC Hoops point, I dont think St. Patrick played any district games besides 3 vs. Augusta in which they went 0-3. Bracken is 0-2 in district play this season. Augusta is 4-1 and the only team to play all the other district teams. While Mason is 2-0 and played Augusta and Bracken both @ the Fieldhouse

Seeding is the best method but until its changed it is what it is

Depends on the year for me :lol2: This season heck yes give me the blind draw and hope we dont get the blue pill. Take our chances with the orange or green pills.

And to GRC Hoops point, I dont think St. Patrick played any district games besides 3 vs. Augusta in which they went 0-3. Bracken is 0-2 in district play this season. Augusta is 4-1 and the only team to play all the other district teams. While Mason is 2-0 and played Augusta and Bracken both @ the Fieldhouse

If you were made to seed, then you would be made to play your district opponents in the regular season.

GRC plays Paris only once, but it counts as 2 games in the district standings.

If you were made to seed, then you would be made to play your district opponents in the regular season.

I agree. Play each other twice in my opnion. Every team should play a home and away game vs. all their district oppponets. Then seed the tournament.

If they were to seed in that district, does that mean MaCo would have to play a regular season game at St.Pat and at Augusta, along with BC or would they play each other only once at The Fieldhouse? or would it be home and away? Don't know exactly how the seeding process works district to district, that being said, I like the blind draw.

If they were to seed in that district, does that mean MaCo would have to play a regular season game at St.Pat and at Augusta, along with BC or would they play each other only once at The Fieldhouse? or would it be home and away? Don't know exactly how the seeding process works district to district, that being said, I like the blind draw.

I would think that all teams in the district should play each other 2 times in the season one home game and one away game for each. Yes that means Mason Co will have to travel to St Pat's gym Augusta's gym and Bracken's gym to play a game.

How can it be counted as 2 games and why would the schools agree to count it as two games? Just does not make sense to me.

Edited by polarbear98