Projection 2015/16 playoff teams

Jumper_Dad

Not ready to jump on the USC bandwagon yet. They lost some top players from a mediocre defense, how will the replacements be better? Alabama will struggle, not their year, but as always they will get the benefit of the doubt. I think Arkansas or MSU win the West, they are only teams with proven QBs.

Ohio State

TCU

Georgia

Arizona

Maybe next year is year either SEC or PAC12 get left off. SEC no longer media darlings, a loss will actually count as a loss. In that scenario, and Michigan State only loses on the road to Ohio State and includes a W vs Oregon, they could be a player. QB play in SEC remains abysmal, hands down the worst of the P5 conferences

I'm not saying Bama won't make it- obviously there will be talent. I just am not sure the SEC won't have other challengers, like Georgia, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss. St and Arkansas.

The SEC champ will be there at the end for a spot in the playoffs.

Arkansas could be a nice sleeper. Nice RB combo they have down there, and Bielema is a good coach to boot. Tough conference though.

Not ready to jump on the USC bandwagon yet. They lost some top players from a mediocre defense, how will the replacements be better? Alabama will struggle, not their year, but as always they will get the benefit of the doubt. I think Arkansas or MSU win the West, they are only teams with proven QBs.

Ohio State

TCU

Georgia

Arizona

Maybe next year is year either SEC or PAC12 get left off. SEC no longer media darlings, a loss will actually count as a loss. In that scenario, and Michigan State only loses on the road to Ohio State and includes a W vs Oregon, they could be a player. QB play in SEC remains abysmal, hands down the worst of the P5 conferences

USC returns Scott Felix, Antwan Woods,Claude Pelon, Anthony Sarao, Sua Cravens, Chris Hawkins, Leon McQuay, and Kevon Seymour as starters. Lamar Dawson will return after being a medical redshirt this year. USC will have more depth, but, not as much as they will have in subsequent years. They still will not have their full scholarship allotment. Their run Defense was in top 20 this past year. The problem was a lack of depth going up against all the PAC-12 up-tempo offenses, with the exception of Stanford.

I'm going with:

1.OSU

2.TCU

3.LSU

4.ND

I think Baylor, USC, Clemson, Mich. St are in the mix too.

I hope you are right. I heard Brian Kelly on the radio say they return 11 starters on defense. The bad thing is those 11 starters weren't very good on defense this year. They have to be better next year. No excuses in 2015.

I hope you are right. I heard Brian Kelly on the radio say they return 11 starters on defense. The bad thing is those 11 starters weren't very good on defense this year. They have to be better next year. No excuses in 2015.

Agree but I think the talent is there. When Morgan took over at MLB as a true freshman, that was a tall task. You could see the glimpses of just how good he is but he missed a lot of reads. The month they had to prepare for the bowl showed improvement but still a ways to go. Guys still were not in the right spot all the time, but that comes with experience.

Ohio State and Michigan are going to play next year. They are in the same division in the big-10. This would also mean that they will probably never play in the playoffs.

That isn't true. They could still end up in the playoffs. IF both are undefeated going into their rivalry game and are considered 1 & 2 at the time, there is no reason the loser wouldn't get the nod to go into the playoffs if there are no other unbeaten teams except for the winner of the OSU Michigan game.