Title Town

Toothpick

Could title town be coming to Mayfield??? The rural extreme WKY County is home to 2 football playing high schools and both will be playing for state titles this weekend. No surprise the Cardinals are there, they have never missed a title game appearance since the KHSAA agreed to move the games to BG for the Cardinal faithful to cut down on their drive and Mayfield in turn agreed to always make an appearance. The only thing the KHSAA ask in return was that every once in a while let someone else win one and try and help Graves. Well The Cards have done just that lending a player to the Eagles to help QB them to the title game.

Besides Danville and Boyle, has this feat been done outside the metro areas where there are a large number of HSchools?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha Ha love it toothpick! I say we will have a title town after The Cardinals win Sat morning. It's great to be a Mayfield Cardinal!!!

Uh, no. Highlands and NewCath are 2 miles apart. I'd say that outside of Louisville, they lay claim.

Nice story about Graves, but I can't give it to Mayfield where all of the athletes go to one of two schools.

I also have question, started wondering this after the Graves win at BG. Has there ever been a player to throw a touchdown pass for 2 different schools in a championship game?

Graves will need to avoid "the deer in the headlights" scenario which happens to most 1st timers. With Reed playing in multiple championships, much of that will fall on his shoulders, before and during the game.

County fans may have huge support if the city folks show up a night early to catch the 5A game. With BG in your region, this may be a rare opportunity to make Mayfield Title Town, Ky USA.

Danville/Boyle is officially Title Town.

I don't necessarily buy Mayfield/Graves as a "rural" area..but for the sake of the OP this would be the first time outside of Danville/Boyle that a non-metro County would have two Champions.

Highlands/NewCath is certainly in a metro area...as is anyone from Jefferson County

Pike County gave it a good go in 1979 when both Belfry and Pikeville were State Runner-Ups.

With all that said, I think Pulaski is the favorite in 5A.

Uh, no. Highlands and NewCath are 2 miles apart. I'd say that outside of Louisville, they lay claim.

Nice story about Graves, but I can't give it to Mayfield where all of the athletes go to one of two schools.

and haters will hate, you have no idea but that's okay with me

I also have question, started wondering this after the Graves win at BG. Has there ever been a player to throw a touchdown pass for 2 different schools in a championship game?

Graves will need to avoid "the deer in the headlights" scenario which happens to most 1st timers. With Reed playing in multiple championships, much of that will fall on his shoulders, before and during the game.

County fans may have huge support if the city folks show up a night early to catch the 5A game. With BG in your region, this may be a rare opportunity to make Mayfield Title Town, Ky USA.

I would think that there hasn't. That's pretty awesome.

He did say outside of a metro area. Highlands and NewCath aren't what I would consider "rural". :D