Title Town

Toothpick

Villa Hills and Fort Mitchell= Closest High Schools are Beechwood (one of Kentucky's top football traditions), Covington Catholic (Another one of KY's top programs), and Dixie Heights (Playing for 6A Title)

Edgewood has Dixie Heights and Scott. Not as prevalent of an example, but Scott's program is on the upswing and Dixie we have already discussed.

Once again...being the spot for affluent young families to set their roots in a suburban area has it's perks for sure.

Exactly so they aren't all coming over here. Not to mention Anderson Township, Hyde Park, Mariemont, and Indian Hill among many other areas over in Ohio. Ft Thomas doesn't have some magical monopoly.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many is "a ton?" Seems to me if you play football, Highlands is a better choice.

Actually you would be surprised how many football players at NCC are residents of Ft Thomas. For example just in the QB position over the last 15 yrs or so Sam Deihl, Jeff Smith, Rob Kues, covered about 8 yrs and I believe current QB Henschen are all FtT residents. That's just one position.

Actually you would be surprised how many football players at NCC are residents of Ft Thomas. For example just in the QB position over the last 15 yrs or so Sam Deihl, Jeff Smith, Rob Kues, covered about 8 yrs and I believe current QB Henschen are all FtT residents. That's just one position.

Some starters from last year off the top of my head......QB, Mac Franzen, LB Jack Sutkamp, WR Tommy Donnelly, LB John Caudill....I'm sure there are more.

Some starters from last year off the top of my head......QB, Mac Franzen, LB Jack Sutkamp, WR Tommy Donnelly, LB John Caudill....I'm sure there are more.

Logan Neff and Luke Kues

This year: Patrick Henschen, Austin Neff, Luke Kues, Erik Anderson, Logan Neff

Could title town be coming to Mayfield??? The rural extreme WKY County is home to 2 football playing high schools and both will be playing for state titles this weekend. No surprise the Cardinals are there, they have never missed a title game appearance since the KHSAA agreed to move the games to BG for the Cardinal faithful to cut down on their drive and Mayfield in turn agreed to always make an appearance. The only thing the KHSAA ask in return was that every once in a while let someone else win one and try and help Graves. Well The Cards have done just that lending a player to the Eagles to help QB them to the title game.

Besides Danville and Boyle, has this feat been done outside the metro areas where there are a large number of HSchools?

Your neighbors came close in 2009, which would've been about as rare giving the history of county football. Not really rural but not really metro.

Paducah Tilghman beat Somerset 21-0

Lone Oak lost to Boyle Co. 39-42 (2OT)

Ahhhhh....some of our Ft Thomas Catholics, some really good ones too, good luck to the Breds :thumb:

Matt Mann, Brian and Eddie Eviston, also. That's going back to '91

This may be the worst thread I've ever seen can someone delete it so we don't cast a cloud over both teams?

What cloud??? It is a fun debate. The fact that communities can legitimately argue this says a lot of positives about the areas. Best of luck to both of the Graves County schools. It is all in fun.

Here is one of the reasons that Danville-Boyle was called "Title Town" by Larry Vaught back in the early 00's.

In 2000, 2001, 2003; Boyle and Danville each won their class. That gave three years where two of the possible four state champions resided in those boundaries.

One could even add the fact that Danville's only losses in 2000 and 2003 were to Boyle.

Top 10 Championships vs. Population:

1. Boyle County

2. Campbell County

3. Graves County

4. Breathitt County

5. Bourbon County

6. Harlan County

7. Christian County

8. Kenton County

9. Nelson County

10. Pike County

Top 10 Finals Appearances vs. Population:

1. Boyle County

2. Graves County

3. Campbell County

4. Simpson County

5. Harlan County

6. Pike County

7. Breathitt County

8. Whitley County

9. Bourbon County

10. Logan County

Bottom 5 NO CHAMPIONSHIPS vs. Population

1. Madison County

2. Bullitt County

3. Oldham County

4. Laurel County

5. Jessamine County

Bottom 5 w/ Championships vs. Population:

1. Boone County

2. Fayette County

3. Warren County

4. Hardin County

5. McCracken County

Bottom 5 w/ Finals vs. Population

1. Madison

2. Bullitt

3. Fayette

4. Scott

5. Boone

Here is one of the reasons that Danville-Boyle was called "Title Town" by Larry Vaught back in the early 00's.

In 2000, 2001, 2003; Boyle and Danville each won their class. That gave three years where two of the possible four state champions resided in those boundaries.

One could even add the fact that Danville's only losses in 2000 and 2003 were to Boyle.

Pretty darn impressive!