Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK's starting 5

Featured Replies

With the Bahamas trip getting started tomorrow, I am thinking about basketball this week, even though it will be right back to football after the Bahamas games.

 

So who do you project the starting 5 to be for UK? I know it will change throughout the year with the depth Cal has at his disposal this season. But I am curious what everyone else thinks, expects?

 

I believe Cal will open up with the twins, Poynthress, Towns, and Dakari. I expect that could change once Willie is healthy, but if that lineup plays well together Cal could always bring Willie off the bench as our 6th man, ala Darius Miller in '12.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PG - Andrew Harrison

SG - Aaron Harrison

SF - Alex Poythress

PF - Karl-Anthony Towns

C - Dakari Johnson

 

6 - Tyler Ulis

7 - Marcus Lee

8 - Dominique Hawkins

9 - Derek Willis

10 - Devin Booker

 

Out:

Willie Cauley-Stein

Trey Lyles

PG - Andrew Harrison SG - Aaron Harrison SF - Alex Poythress PF - Karl-Anthony Towns C - Dakari Johnson 6 - Tyler Ulis 7 - Marcus Lee 8 - Dominique Hawkins 9 - Derek Willis 10 - Devin Booker Out: Willie Cauley-Stein Trey Lyles

 

I thought Ulis was supposed to be out.

I thought Ulis was supposed to be out.

 

Haven't kept up with the news as well as I normally would over the past couple of weeks due to testing. Nothing about Ulis being out immediately comes to mind though. If I'm dead wrong about that, it wouldn't be the first time though.

I thought Ulis was supposed to be out.

 

Think it's Lyles

I thought Ulis was supposed to be out.

 

Think it's Lyles

 

It is Lyles and Willie.

It is Lyles and Willie.

 

Correct.

 

Cal has said hes using group subs, 5 for 5.

  • Author

According to Matt Jones Cal is going with the Harrisons, Ullis, Lee, and Towns for the starting 5. That's surprising to me, but it makes some sense if Cal is going to sub 5 for 5

You can tell Dakari has worked a lot in the off season. He looks quicker both on his feet and off the ground. Ullis looks to be a very good on ball defender. Andrew Harrison looks quicker as well.

 

The big negative has been transition defense. But with just 11 practices I don't know how much more you could expect at this point.

Ulis will be a great backup this year. So smooth and in control.

Ulis will be a great backup this year. So smooth and in control.

 

I love his defensive pressure.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.