UK's starting 5

JDEaston

With the Bahamas trip getting started tomorrow, I am thinking about basketball this week, even though it will be right back to football after the Bahamas games.

So who do you project the starting 5 to be for UK? I know it will change throughout the year with the depth Cal has at his disposal this season. But I am curious what everyone else thinks, expects?

I believe Cal will open up with the twins, Poynthress, Towns, and Dakari. I expect that could change once Willie is healthy, but if that lineup plays well together Cal could always bring Willie off the bench as our 6th man, ala Darius Miller in '12.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PG - Andrew Harrison SG - Aaron Harrison SF - Alex Poythress PF - Karl-Anthony Towns C - Dakari Johnson 6 - Tyler Ulis 7 - Marcus Lee 8 - Dominique Hawkins 9 - Derek Willis 10 - Devin Booker Out: Willie Cauley-Stein Trey Lyles

I thought Ulis was supposed to be out.

I thought Ulis was supposed to be out.

Haven't kept up with the news as well as I normally would over the past couple of weeks due to testing. Nothing about Ulis being out immediately comes to mind though. If I'm dead wrong about that, it wouldn't be the first time though.

You can tell Dakari has worked a lot in the off season. He looks quicker both on his feet and off the ground. Ullis looks to be a very good on ball defender. Andrew Harrison looks quicker as well.

The big negative has been transition defense. But with just 11 practices I don't know how much more you could expect at this point.