2015 NKY Predictions

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have beat 2014 to death! Time to move on! Who has what coming back for 2015? Predictions?

248 days....

Combs, Slusher, Stringer and Fieger are back for BW for the next 2 years. It will be interesting to see the "team" improvement from year to year. I am emphasizing team for a reason. If they can find a strong #3 starter behind Combs and Fieger and stay healthy they could make some noise. But, as we all saw this year, one game coming out flat in a tournament will end things in a New York minute.

Conner lost a LOT .

Not so much in terms of quantity, rather than quality. I believe they only lose 5 seniors (I may be off by 1). But you lose Ross, Hart, Harshbarger, and Williams. Literally your entire middle of the field (Ross-P/CF Hart-C, Harshbarger-2B, Williams-SS) and your 1, 3, 4, and 5 hitters in the lineup, not to mention their senior leadership.

Not so much in terms of quantity, rather than quality. I believe they only lose 5 seniors (I may be off by 1). But you lose Ross, Hart, Harshbarger, and Williams. Literally your entire middle of the field (Ross-P/CF Hart-C, Harshbarger-2B, Williams-SS) and your 1, 3, 4, and 5 hitters in the lineup, not to mention their senior leadership.

...and your ace.

I think next year will be wide open. Beechwood is the obvious pick but I think Suchanick will be harder to replace than you think. Now is the time for one of the to-be Juniors to step up and take a leadership role.

I say other than them, the big schools and traditional powers fill out the top 5. I would say Ryle returns, Cov Cath maintains, Dixie drops a little but stays top 5 and throw another 33rd team in and there's my top 5. :popcorn:

I think next year will be wide open. Beechwood is the obvious pick but I think Suchanick will be harder to replace than you think. Now is the time for one of the to-be Juniors to step up and take a leadership role.

I say other than them, the big schools and traditional powers fill out the top 5. I would say Ryle returns, Cov Cath maintains, Dixie drops a little but stays top 5 and throw another 33rd team in and there's my top 5. :popcorn:

Highlands loses a full time starter at 2nd base and in right field and that is it. How anyone can say that Beechwood is that far ahead of the Birds makes no sense to me, considering they have almost their whole team back. On top of the fact that Highlands jv didn't give up a run in the jv tournament. The Dirty Birds are loaded my friend..

Highlands loses a full time starter at 2nd base and in right field and that is it. How anyone can say that Beechwood is that far ahead of the Birds makes no sense to me, considering they have almost their whole team back. On top of the fact that Highlands jv didn't give up a run in the jv tournament. The Dirty Birds are loaded my friend..

Totally agree. I consider the Highlands the early favorite for next year.

I think Combs is already filling into the leader role.

Highlands returns a pitching staff that includes Jones, Martin, Bunning and Raisor and all throw in the low 80's consistently. Having 4 solid starters will be the key but they also return some outstanding offensive players in Ramey, Whitford, Vennamon, Mills and Murray. Defensively they will be stout as well with Whitford and Ramey at SS/3b and Hennigan behind the plate. Murray and Vennamon are speedy outfielders as well.

I see some solid players possibly not making the roster next year which will be tough.