2015 NKY Predictions

Ohmer will be the shortstop. Trame may play short when Ohmer pitches, but will probably primarily play 3rd. And again, there is a good chance Eli Sowder doesn't play much in the field at all this year, and he almost certainly won't be able to pitch, because of shoulder problems he's had since football. I'm not even sure Smith is playing this year (from what I've heard he's not). And I wouldn't be surprised to see Seeney playing first when Seay is pitching, and playing in right the rest of the time. Although Seay, could possibly take over in center if Sowder isn't able to throw well enough.

I think you could see Noah or Pusateri in center while the other plays left and Seeney playing right. Sowder could then DH for Pusateri. I agree with Ohmer playing at short. Trame will probably be playing short while he pitches. I haven't seen this kid Man in person yet so I don't know where he'll be. If he's as good Fan says then you could see Man playing third, with Ohmer at short,Trame at second and Seay at first. Or you could even see Man at first, Trame at third, Ohmer at short and Seay in center. This would leave second base open to Wilder or one of the under classman. Second base and that third outfielder will be interesting to watch over the seasonl. Coach Trame might have to experiment a little with his lineups. He usually has a great defensive team so I'm sure he'll figure it out.

Pitching for the Eagles definitely has some quality. Seay, Trame, Ohmer and Lehkamp all return with varsity pitching. So the starting core should be good. Quantity is something that the Eagles don't have though. Sowder not being able to pitch definitely hurts them, and again, haven't seen Man pitch, so I can't really comment on him. They will be using a lot of different arms this season on the mound, mostly underclassmen. Expect to see Moran, Moore, Pusateri, and Lucas come in to relief.

Hitting might be a problem now. Sowder gets on base a lot and is able to put contact on the ball well, but because of his injury, that might derail him this season. Back is a speedy kid as well. He can hit for contact and even put a bunt down to get on base to make a him an on base threat. Ohmer, line drive hitter and get on base. Probably will be the two hole hitter after Back. Trame will be in the three hole. Trame definitely has a lot of pop in his bat and has one of smoothest swings I've seen. Batting cleanup will probably be Hughes, who hasn't gotten much talk about on here. He's a good defensive catcher who has some power in his bat. After that it gets a little tricky. Seay and Sowder(if healthy) will probably bat fifth and sixth. I really couldn't tell you who will bat seventh through ninth.

I do expect a good season out of the Eagles this year. I do realize they lost Spata, Castleman, Brinkman, Gay, Kinney and bunch of other good seniors. But they do return key players who have Varsity experience in Trame, Ohmer, Seay, Hughes, Back, and Sowder. It might be a little bumpy in the beginning of the season as they will have some holes to fill, but I expect Trame to have them ready before Districts.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think Mayer could fill in anywhere and the Kennedy boy can also play the corners. Both are good size with Alex built more like a catcher... 6' 190lbs. CCH has a few more that are very good catchers coming next year also with Bowman, McGinniss and Coldiron. Colonels will be set at that position for a while.

I've heard strong reports about the Kennedy kid.

I've heard strong reports about the Kennedy kid.

Nice player. Did hear that they are going to, initially, have him on JV. They are going to give the older boys a chance to keep the varsity role. Nice that they have some loyalty to the older boys. Not sure how things will shake out when Maher finishes basketball. Did Luke Maile start as a Freshman?

Nice player. Did hear that they are going to' date=' initially, have him on JV. They are going to give the older boys a chance to keep the varsity role. Nice that they have some loyalty to the older boys. Not sure how things will shake out when Maher finishes basketball. Did Luke Maile start as a Freshman?[/quote']

Maile started as a frosh.

I think you could see Noah or Pusateri in center while the other plays left and Seeney playing right. Sowder could then DH for Pusateri. I agree with Ohmer playing at short. Trame will probably be playing short while he pitches. I haven't seen this kid Man in person yet so I don't know where he'll be. If he's as good Fan says then you could see Man playing third, with Ohmer at short,Trame at second and Seay at first. Or you could even see Man at first, Trame at third, Ohmer at short and Seay in center. This would leave second base open to Wilder or one of the under classman. Second base and that third outfielder will be interesting to watch over the seasonl. Coach Trame might have to experiment a little with his lineups. He usually has a great defensive team so I'm sure he'll figure it out.

Pitching for the Eagles definitely has some quality. Seay, Trame, Ohmer and Lehkamp all return with varsity pitching. So the starting core should be good. Quantity is something that the Eagles don't have though. Sowder not being able to pitch definitely hurts them, and again, haven't seen Man pitch, so I can't really comment on him. They will be using a lot of different arms this season on the mound, mostly underclassmen. Expect to see Moran, Moore, Pusateri, and Lucas come in to relief.

Hitting might be a problem now. Sowder gets on base a lot and is able to put contact on the ball well, but because of his injury, that might derail him this season. Back is a speedy kid as well. He can hit for contact and even put a bunt down to get on base to make a him an on base threat. Ohmer, line drive hitter and get on base. Probably will be the two hole hitter after Back. Trame will be in the three hole. Trame definitely has a lot of pop in his bat and has one of smoothest swings I've seen. Batting cleanup will probably be Hughes, who hasn't gotten much talk about on here. He's a good defensive catcher who has some power in his bat. After that it gets a little tricky. Seay and Sowder(if healthy) will probably bat fifth and sixth. I really couldn't tell you who will bat seventh through ninth.

I do expect a good season out of the Eagles this year. I do realize they lost Spata, Castleman, Brinkman, Gay, Kinney and bunch of other good seniors. But they do return key players who have Varsity experience in Trame, Ohmer, Seay, Hughes, Back, and Sowder. It might be a little bumpy in the beginning of the season as they will have some holes to fill, but I expect Trame to have them ready before Districts.

Scott has lost a lot. I only said Trame at Shortstop because this infield will be changing a lot due to pitching. Zach Man is 100% 3B, not sure if he's ever played 1B(in HS) but a backup 1B to Seay when he is pitching is senior Drew Flynn. Jared Smith is playing, Trame cut a senior off of the team, don't know who it is though. 2B will be a issue for this team all year. From what I've heard, Seeney is going to be an outfielder this year, no doubt, probably starting RF. Pusateri will start CF while Sowder is finishing off wrestling competitions at state. Noah Back is a LF for sure this year, it's where he got all of his playing time last year. 2B will be an iffy. As you mentioned, I can also see Trame looking for younger options at that position, of course, Janzen Wilder can play almost any infield spot except 1B. I haven't heard any more talk about 2B other than a sophomore named Alex Morgan who played JV and Nortons freshman team last year. As I said, I'm not for sure if Morgan could move up to varsity, all I know is that he is on JV.