Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harrell Returning To UL

Featured Replies

Not Jerry Tipton @NotJerryTipton

National writers saying that UofL could get to the Final Four with Harrell. Maybe. As long as they don't have to play Kentucky before then.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. Harrell reminds me a little of Patrick Patterson in this regard. Patterson developed a jumper, but he was never going to be a top ten pick.

 

I don't really see Harrell developing the jumper like Patterson did though. How high is Harrell's ceiling? I feel like he's probably pretty close to it now. That's not a dig at him or a compliment really.

Honestly, I kind of did. I said in some other thread he still has quite a bit to work on to be NBA ready, IMO.

 

I guess I gave Harrell too much credit, he just seemed like a beast during the UofL games I watched. I just assumed he would fit well in the NBA. Oh well, good to see him come back and pray he remains injury free.

I don't really see Harrell developing the jumper like Patterson did though. How high is Harrell's ceiling? I feel like he's probably pretty close to it now. That's not a dig at him or a compliment really.

 

I'm not seeing it just because UL will need him in the paint & it will be hard for him to step out when he's already so good down low.

 

Having said that, I didn't think Patterson would develop the shot that he ended up developing, so who knows?

 

I personally don't see Harrell going higher than 15th. It's a different story if he's 6'10" or 6'11".

I'm not seeing it just because UL will need him in the paint & it will be hard for him to step out when he's already so good down low.

 

Having said that, I didn't think Patterson would develop the shot that he ended up developing, so who knows?

 

I personally don't see Harrell going higher than 15th. It's a different story if he's 6'10" or 6'11".

 

I think Harrell needs to develop a consistent 15 foot jump shot at bare minimum. Like you said, I don't think U of L will use him on the perimeter or anything like UK did with Patterson (U of L doesn't have the luxury of a Big Cuz to stick down low).

^ Lots of guys end up in the D - League these days. Not always the worst thing. Either way he's getting a guaranteed $3M over the next two years. Hard to pass on that.

 

Terrence Jones went to the D-League, built his confidence up, worked on his game, and is tearing it up for a top team in the NBA. It's only a bad thing if you let it be.

Harrell's athleticism will be a big factor for him in the NBA, IMO. That will be as much a factor in determining his draft position as anything else.

 

 

This is awesome. My 10 year old loves to dunk like Harrell on his kid size goal – then do the arm clenching/mouth open/chest pumping/mouthpiece drooping/emotional face. Never ever gets old!:ylsuper:

Harrell's athleticism will be a big factor for him in the NBA, IMO. That will be as much a factor in determining his draft position as anything else.

 

It is already and he won't get more athletic, which is why I don't think his position changes much.

I think this is an excellent move for Harrell. Especially if he can improve his game. If no one from UK is truly ready for the NBA then it is a no brainer that Harrell isn't ready either.

It is already and he won't get more athletic, which is why I don't think his position changes much.

 

Is it about draft position for him? Maybe he just feels he isn't ready or maybe he just wants to enjoy another year of college before he has to enter the real world.

 

Either way, he isn't ready for the NBA IMO.

Is it about draft position for him? Maybe he just feels he isn't ready or maybe he just wants to enjoy another year of college before he has to enter the real world.

 

Either way, he isn't ready for the NBA IMO.

There's nothing wrong with that.

Pitino can't even put NBA players in the NBA

 

 

Last time I checked, college coaches aren't responsible for putting players into the league. Coaches are supposed to win titles, and make these students better men. I believe it was Mustang who said to me in a previous thread that 1% of college players make it to the NBA.

Last time I checked, college coaches aren't responsible for putting players into the league. Coaches are supposed to win titles, and make these students better men. I believe it was Mustang who said to me in a previous thread that 1% of college players make it to the NBA.

 

Some people hang their hat on how many players from their team get drafted... Others don't. I agree with you, a college coach's job is to win college basketball games. An athlete's play will get them drafted, regardless of what their coach does or doesn't do.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.