Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harrell Returning To UL

Featured Replies

I agree for the most part but upgrading his jumper (and foul shooting) could move him up a few spots. I still don't ever seen him being a top 10 pick.

 

I guess my thoughts are he's got zero face up game. He's got the size and body to bang with NBA 4's, but if he can't face up, I'm not sure he'll have much success offensively. Maybe he'll shock me and develop a 15 footer, but I just don't see it.

 

Every year these guys come back they expose more of the limitations to their games. That's why it's in everyone's best interest to go if they're 1st rounders IMO.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big return draft was getting crowded when guys like Stokes entered. Is he gonna learn a new position?

I know a lot of people hate Pitino, and would criticize him no matter what he says or does, but Rick has always looked out for his players best interest. Derek Anderson is the best example. I'm sure Pitino made calls, and gave Harrell the best information and advice he could toward his decision:

Maybe he'll shock me and develop a 15 footer, but I just don't see it.

 

He already started doing that some this year, but not where he needs to be.

Harrell is fun to watch and I'll enjoy continuing to do so, except for one game a year (and maybe twice if the selection committee wants to get cute again). He was a player I really wanted at Kentucky when he reopened his recruiting.

I know a lot of people hate Pitino, and would criticize him no matter what he says or does, but Rick has always looked out for his players best interest. Derek Anderson is the best example. I'm sure Pitino made calls, and gave Harrell the best information and advice he could toward his decision:

 

I have no idea what advice or guidance Rick gave Harrell, but any coach (not specific to this situation) that advises a player that is a 1st round pick it's in the players best interest to come back to school, isn't looking out for the player IMO.

 

Rick very well could've told him, "You're a first round lock. We'd love to have you back, but it's hard to turn that down", and he could've decided to come back either way.

 

I'll also add, I'll feel the same exact way if Willie decides to stay at Kentucky. I'll be thrilled that he's back, but I don't think it's in his best interest.

I have no idea what advice or guidance Rick gave Harrell, but any coach (not specific to this situation) that advises a player that is a 1st round pick it's in the players best interest to come back to school, isn't looking out for the player IMO.

 

Rick very well could've told him, "You're a first round lock. We'd love to have you back, but it's hard to turn that down", and he could've decided to come back either way.

 

I'll also add, I'll feel the same exact way if Willie decides to stay at Kentucky. I'll be thrilled that he's back, but I don't think it's in his best interest.

 

If Trez left this year, he would end up in the D-League. I'm pretty confident in that.

^ Lots of guys end up in the D - League these days. Not always the worst thing. Either way he's getting a guaranteed $3M over the next two years. Hard to pass on that.

I'll also add, I'll feel the same exact way if Willie decides to stay at Kentucky. I'll be thrilled that he's back, but I don't think it's in his best interest.

 

Agreed.

If Trez left this year, he would end up in the D-League. I'm pretty confident in that.

 

And be making over $1M per for the next 3 seasons guaranteed...

If he gets drafted later next year than he was expected to this year, we'll talk... I don't think that will be the case.

I agree Deuce. I only see him improving draft stock. He's probably around 20th pick right now. Next year I could see him late in the lottery. That is the difference between seeing significant minutes or riding the bench cause you're on a good team.

If he gets drafted later next year than he was expected to this year, we'll talk... I don't think that will be the case.

 

He might go a few picks higher next year, my guess is it won't change much.

He might go a few picks higher next year, my guess is it won't change much.

 

Agreed. Harrell reminds me a little of Patrick Patterson in this regard. Patterson developed a jumper, but he was never going to be a top ten pick.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.