One theory why we have not seen pictures of Osama Bin Laden's body

Bluto

This author would cringe at WWI,WWII methods. And that's why he carries a laptop, not a weapon. Count my in the number that would have emptied my magazine.

Your post reminded me of this:

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

"these attitudes and behaviors do not come out of nowhere. Endless back-to-back combat deployments, PTSD, broken families, and war itself all plays into it."

I could easily see these things affecting people.

Do we as US citizens have a problem with HOW the enemy kills our soldiers? Or do we simply say "well, he/she's dead anyway - doesn't matter what they do the corpse?"

Would we be upset beyond our normal level if the enemy released pictures of a soldier who had been shot dead, burned, and hung in effigy?