Should Richie Farmer be allowed to delay his reporting to Prison?

Qryche11

Ok Crazies, have some fun with him.

I think that sends the wrong message.

I would hope that the Crazies are above cheap taunts at Trey Farmer due to actions of his father which he had no control over.

Cov Cath's students are way too good and way too creative to resort to that kind of level, at least I would hope.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that sends the wrong message.

I would hope that the Crazies are above cheap taunts at Trey Farmer due to actions of his father which he had no control over.

Cov Cath's students are way too good and way too creative to resort to that kind of level, at least I would hope.

Not at the son, at Ritchie. I would love to see him in their sights as they do some funny stuff. Much of their creativity is directed to things not relating to what's happening on the court.

Not at the son, at Ritchie. I would love to see him in their sights as they do some funny stuff. Much of their creativity is directed to things not relating to what's happening on the court.

I understand that, but I think of it like this: the event in question is about the son, not Richie. Do you think that there's a way in which the Crazies could do it so that it only effected Richie and not his son?

To me, it's like saying, "hey, did you see those people who went to Bernie Madoff's son's graduation and chanted some taunts at Bernie Sr.?... wasn't that awesome?"

I think it's the same kind of scenario here. The event in question isn't about Richie. Events where he is the focal point could involve them protesting outside the courthouse during the trial, writing scathing editorials, or putting up a campaign sign for the opposition in their yard during the next election season.

What it isn't is trying to humiliate his kid, who has probably read and heard enough as it is, at a time that should be one of the best moments of his childhood.

In most other circumstances of everyday life like a kid's prom or graduation, we wouldn't think twice to chastise people using it as an opportunity to verbalize feelings toward a participants parent, so why encourage it at a basketball game?

I've been consistent in saying that I don't think that buying a ticket to a game gives people the right to say whatever (look at my comments on the Marcus Smart situation) and I feel like this is one of those times.

You bought a ticket to the game. Great. If you are a high schooler and don't like the kid's beard, great, have at it-- make fun of that. Do the same kind of things that make people call Covington Catholic some of the best fans in the State. Don't get personal with chants aimed at his parents and/or things outside his control (if nothing else it isn't very classy or tactful).

I've heard students at a prominent Lexington private that plenty hold in very high regard chant "where's your Dad at???", every time a kid went to the free throw line. That just shows that you can pay for school but can't buy class. What purpose does that really serve aside from making anyone with a sense of morality or sense of life outside of high school basketball think "man, those are some awful kids" or "wow, I can't believe the administration let that go on considering the reputation they try to perpetuate and the religious values that their school at least appears to try and uphold".

I'd think you'd say the same if it were a student at your school, a player for your team, or even someone you knew.

Fair?

Judge Vantatenhove is a UK alum, wonder if he has basketball tickets as well. This is a complete joke, and for those that say this happens all the time, I'd like to know how many federal criminal trials you've been involved with, the vast majority of federal criminals sit in jail because of the insanely high bond involved when you are charged federally.

I understand that, but I think of it like this: the event in question is about the son, not Richie. Do you think that there's a way in which the Crazies could do it so that it only effected Richie and not his son?

To me, it's like saying, "hey, did you see those people who went to Bernie Madoff's son's graduation and chanted some taunts at Bernie Sr.?... wasn't that awesome?"

I think it's the same kind of scenario here. The event in question isn't about Richie. Events where he is the focal point could involve them protesting outside the courthouse during the trial, writing scathing editorials, or putting up a campaign sign for the opposition in their yard during the next election season.

What it isn't is trying to humiliate his kid, who has probably read and heard enough as it is, at a time that should be one of the best moments of his childhood.

In most other circumstances of everyday life like a kid's prom or graduation, we wouldn't think twice to chastise people using it as an opportunity to verbalize feelings toward a participants parent, so why encourage it at a basketball game?

I've been consistent in saying that I don't think that buying a ticket to a game gives people the right to say whatever (look at my comments on the Marcus Smart situation) and I feel like this is one of those times.

You bought a ticket to the game. Great. If you are a high schooler and don't like the kid's beard, great, have at it-- make fun of that. Do the same kind of things that make people call Covington Catholic some of the best fans in the State. Don't get personal with chants aimed at his parents and/or things outside his control (if nothing else it isn't very classy or tactful).

I've heard students at a prominent Lexington private that plenty hold in very high regard chant "where's your Dad at???", every time a kid went to the free throw line. That just shows that you can pay for school but can't buy class. What purpose does that really serve aside from making anyone with a sense of morality or sense of life outside of high school basketball think "man, those are some awful kids" or "wow, I can't believe the administration let that go on considering the reputation they try to perpetuate and the religious values that their school at least appears to try and uphold".

I'd think you'd say the same if it were a student at your school, a player for your team, or even someone you knew.

Fair?

Sorry, I'm still hoping they hit Ritchie up with some antics. He put himself and his son in the position. First by criminal acts, and then wanting to attend the games. He wants to not be an issue, don't go. Life is tough and his son has already been caught up in it. He is putting his own selfish intetests ahead of his son's. I think he should be brought to task for it. If the son doesn't want to deal with the collateral damage he should ask Ritchie to stay away. If you think that's wrong that's ok too.

Sorry, I'm still hoping they hit Ritchie up with some antics. He put himself and his son in the position. First by criminal acts, and then wanting to attend the games. He wants to not be an issue, don't go. Life is tough and his son has already been caught up in it. He is putting his own selfish intetests ahead of his son's. I think he should be brought to task for it. If the son doesn't want to deal with the collateral damage he should ask Ritchie to stay away. If you think that's wrong that's ok too.

Would you say the same if Clay County fans had dug through Cov Cath annuls and dug up info on people in the Colonels' Athletic Hall of Fame that had been convicted of crimes that included financial fraud???

I don't see the issue, Ive seen people several times get convictions and get report dates backed up for varying reasons. If this his name wasn't Richie Farmer or if he wasn't an elected official and had a similar conviction no one would care if he went to prison this week or next week.

FWIW I think Richie is a jerk and an egotistical creep...but this is much to do about nothing

Judge Vantatenhove is a UK alum, wonder if he has basketball tickets as well. This is a complete joke, and for those that say this happens all the time, I'd like to know how many federal criminal trials you've been involved with, the vast majority of federal criminals sit in jail because of the insanely high bond involved when you are charged federally.

As I stated earlier, I know a dude who was sentenced to federal prison and he had over a month to turn himself in. Violent crime. And drugs.

I'm with you. I want to see them do something creative and funny.

Would you say the same if Clay County fans had dug through Cov Cath annuls and dug up info on people in the Colonels' Athletic Hall of Fame that had been convicted of crimes that included financial fraud???

That's also two different things. The fact that this is Richie Farmer and his perception can't or shouldn't be ignored when dealing with this situation.

75 center is a Highlands supporter. I have not seen any posts in this thread from folks I recognize as being Cov. Cath. fans. This may be the first (although the views expressed are my own).

I do not have a problem with Richie being able to attend his son's game. He is going to federal prison and will serve 80% or more of 27 months. People have done a lot more and served a lot less time.

As for the Crazies, I would be stunned if the principal, AD, Coach, Dean of Discipline, etc. etc. do not lay down the law that taunting of Richie and his son (for non basketball related issues) is off limits.

As Lincoln wrote ….with malice toward none, with charity for all.

As the Good Book advises….forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

75 center is a Highlands supporter. I have not seen any posts in this thread from folks I recognize as being Cov. Cath. fans. This may be the first (although the views expressed are my own).

I do not have a problem with Richie being able to attend his son's game. He is going to federal prison and will serve 80% or more of 27 months. People have done a lot more and served a lot less time.

As for the Crazies, I would be stunned if the principal, AD, Coach, Dean of Discipline, etc. etc. do not lay down the law that taunting of Richie and his son (for non basketball related issues) is off limits.

As the Good Book advises….forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Well phooey. You don't think they'll do anything like that? Just stick with the beard?

I'm only personally connected (meaning I know them) to two people in this situation. One was arrested and was never released through pre-trial, trial or sentencing...just like you mentioned. The second one was arrested, bonded out and later plead guilty. He remained out awaiting sentencing and after sentencing asked for the sentence start date to be moved up to get it started and over with. Judge seemed in no hurry for him to start serving sentence...just that it was served.

Most definitely.

If it weren't for a kid involved, then I'd feel differently. It isn't though. I'd say that about the kids of any program, no matter the stakes or rivalry.