Should Richie Farmer be allowed to delay his reporting to Prison?

Qryche11

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No issue with delaying the start date. Start date on sentences are granted all the time. Many times for parents to be able to attend their children's life events. Reverse the view and see it from his son's point….he didn't commit any crime and wouldn't everyone want their parent to be there for an event like this ? Yes, Richie was wrong and he will pay the penalty….for the rest of his life. But just because he is an icon doesn't mean he shouldn't get the similar opportunities as others that have been convicted. His due is a life sentence of carrying a felony and his own demons, let his son have his day.

What's the old saying..."If you can't do the time, don't do the crime"? Richie should've thought of all the possible repercussions for his actions a long time ago. If there is no precedent for this type of a delay, then the judge ought to get ten times worth of holy heck about it, if he allows this to happen.

No issue with delaying the start date. Start date on sentences are granted all the time. Many times for parents to be able to attend their children's life events. Reverse the view and see it from his son's point….he didn't commit any crime and wouldn't everyone want their parent to be there for an event like this ? Yes, Richie was wrong and he will pay the penalty….for the rest of his life. But just because he is an icon doesn't mean he shouldn't get the similar opportunities as others that have been convicted. His due is a life sentence of carrying a felony and his own demons, let his son have his day.

I could not disagree more. I feel bad for his son, but this isn't about his son. It's about the dad. And you're wrong...sentences don't get delayed every day. In fact, a lot of people with "no names" are kept in jail before they're even tried. And "no names" get sent to jail, directly to jail, and do not get to pass "go" on the way. He's already been delayed, IMO. And he was free the whole time he was waiting for trial, through his trial, and while he's been waiting on his prison assigment. If he were Susie Quick Stop Clerk who embezzeled money, she'd have been held in the county jail until the prison assignment or sent directly to a prison.

No! He is thinking of himself and not his son! It would be better off if he doesn't show up at Rupp, can you imagine the heckling? Soon his banner will come down from the rafters and all that he has done for UK as a player will be a distant memory, and fans know that, and they won't be happy to see him.

I don't have a problem with it being delayed. The question I have is how come Richie and his attorney didn't seek a later report date anyways? I'm certain that could have been worked out. Add in the fact that these are non-violent crimes and he's being sent to a prison that will have people in there who have committed similar crimes and it becomes an even bigger non-issue. It's not like he's not going to serve his whole sentence. Is it really a big deal if he gets out later than initially thought? Nope. Who is hurt in any of this if he goes to prison on March 21st? Clay County ain't beating CovCath. He'd get one game and then he's off. Is it really that big of a deal? I say no. Let him go watch his kid.

It might be more of a heart felt story wanting to see his kid play at Rupp, if he had not previously asked the Judge to go to Cancun for his girlfriend's 40th birthday!

This man really doesn't live in the real world, does he? :ohbrother: