John Clay: Aaron Harrison & Fan "Exchange Words" Following Game

JokersWild24

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ratings. Listeners. I have never listened to his show but I would love to hear this one to hear what the kid has to say. I'd also love to hear BBN call in and rail on him as well. :lol:

Might be as entertaining as the Bill Nye vs. Creationism Debate.

Brilliant! I absolutely condone rewarding awful and embarrassing behavior with a public forum. :ohbrother:

It is Matt Jones......

I listened to part of it on the podcast. Sounded to me like they both got worked up. I need to listen to the rest. Matt couldn't understand that Rod was trolling Aaron after the game. He was trying to find out what was said that set Aaron off. Rod was like I was cheering loudly and Aaron got mad at me. Sounds to me like Rod got really close to the action and let Aaron know his team just got owned on a put back dunk at the buzzer and Aaron didn't like that. Rod said when Aaron was coming toward him is when he did what he thought any man would do and he put up his fists to protect himself. I was laughing because Matt Jones wasn't realizing that Rod was trolling Aaron really hard.

#irony

Also, we don't know what the fan said to Harrison. Both of the Harrisons are pretty public on social media in paying tribute to a close family member they've lost. What if the fan had said something about that just to try and set him off? If you don't think that kind of stuff happens, you should read some of the stories about the kind of harassment JJ Redick and Kevin Love got from opposing fans.

IIRC, when Love went to UCLA instead of Oregon, kids were calling him and/or his parents and saying things like "if you win tomorrow, we're going to burn your house down" the night before their game. It was so bad that the family had to hire security to take with them to the game. The article I read about Riddick said kids would be brutal with taunts about people like his 12-year-old sister and grandmother.

Obviously, that's the worst case scenario, and, if true, the kid is just a complete tool, but we don't know what he said either.

Yeah, definitely doesn't look like credentials, just a key.

Good job by Coach Antigua to make sure that didn't escalate.

I don't like how that fan has clenched fists from the get go. You never know what someone might do.

Don't like it either but you have to walk away from it. Morons like that are always talking when a crowd of buddies is around. Man to man, nobody around, he wouldn't be saying anything. However, I have no doubt he would have gotten his arse kicked in 5 seconds had he put a hand on Harrison.

I think it's pretty obvious from the photos that both took at least one step closer to the other party...

Yes, it looks like Aaron took a step with his left foot (right foot couldn't have moved much) but the fan is clearly the one closing the gap and coming towards Aaron.

I am not going to try and put a dialogue to or paint an entire picture from a few still photos. My guess is Aaron was on his way to the locker room and this guy was in his way. It is natural to think Aaron would be progressing in that direction but not as likely for the other guy heading back towards the court. I am still trying to find the story here? Players get in shouting matches 100s of times a week across college basketball. The fan knows they are protected and nothing will happen.