Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Clay: Aaron Harrison & Fan "Exchange Words" Following Game

Featured Replies

Is that one lady asking for his autograph? :thumb:

  • Replies 84
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope he is, but HAS TO BE? :idunno:

 

Agree. Emotions run extremely high after ball games. We have a rule at Boyle Middle that parents aren't supposed to talk to the coaches about their kid's playing time and about coaching decisions for 24 hours after the game. We have a parent/coach contract drawn up that every parent has to sign. Well, we had a parent violate that contract last Friday after a loss and we had a coach(myself) violate that contract as well. Needless to say I should have been smarter than that and I have to be smarter than that from now on or I won't be able to coach any longer but I definitely have felt the struggle to deal with what I feel is unnecessary behavior and comments immediately after a game and during a game. Cooler heads prevail when time is taken to get away from the emotions of the game which are all too fresh immediately after the game. Especially after a loss when someone is talking crazy to you.

 

It's a struggle.

Hope he is, but HAS TO BE? :idunno:

 

Yes, HAS to be. Why even engage that guy? Walk off the court and call it a night. If he doesn't put his hands on you, there's no reason to even acknowledge he's alive. JMO.

Yes, HAS to be. Why even engage that guy? Walk off the court and call it a night. If he doesn't put his hands on you, there's no reason to even acknowledge he's alive. JMO.

 

Not sure we are reading my post the same way. (Tongue in cheek)

Did he hit anyone... Says Demarcus Cousins?

Yeah, definitely doesn't look like credentials, just a key.

 

Good job by Coach Antigua to make sure that didn't escalate.

 

I don't like how that fan has clenched fists from the get go. You never know what someone might do.

Not sure we are reading my post the same way. (Tongue in cheek)

 

I might have missed that. It was still early. :lol2:

Yeah, definitely doesn't look like credentials, just a key.

 

Good job by Coach Antigua to make sure that didn't escalate.

 

I don't like how that fan has clenched fists from the get go. You never know what someone might do.

 

The first thing I noticed were the fans hand clenched; I would've reacted in the

same manner as Harrison if the guy approached him in that manner.

I'd have never thought Keenan was a trash talker. And what was he doing in Arkansas? Shouldn't be be in New York rehearsing for SNL?

 

He does look just like him. :lol2:

I do not think Arkansas stormed the court last night, but this is exhibit A as to why it should not be allowed. I may kid about the silliness of IU court storming for knocking off Drexel, but my main issue has always been safety. At ball games there are two different sanctuaries. Where the teams are, where the fans are. The two are NEVER supposed to mix. Then all of a sudden in a hostile environment, after a tough battle with emotions running high, 1000s of charged up kids/fans - some of which are intoxicated - are allowed to infiltrate the opponents sanctuary. They can get up in their faces, prohibit them from moving to a safe environment and we expect this not to get out of hand? I am expecting an all out riot one day before it is taken seriously. People forget how much larger these ball players are. Harrison is a guard, but he is still a top flight athlete and bigger than 99% of America. He would have smoked this guy. Or maybe he would have just thrown up his arms claiming he got fouled.

 

As for this exchange I am not seeing what the big deal is here? Leaving the court a player and fan are yelling at one another? Really? Horrible. And I am not defending Harrison or Keenan, but this happens all the time. It is good to see Harrison cared. If the fan was really serious I would like to see him come to the locker room area and see if he has the same bravado.

I've seen NFL guys take out fans on the field..

The fan's name is Rod Winkler and he'll be on Matt Jones' show today.

The fan's name is Rod Winkler and he'll be on Matt Jones' show today.

 

Why? Unless his beating up Matt Jones, whats the point.

Had that guy dressed as a three-pointer instead of a student, there's no way Aaron Harrison would have hit him.

I always wondered what happened to Rerun.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.