Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Clay: Aaron Harrison & Fan "Exchange Words" Following Game

Featured Replies

Why? Unless his beating up Matt Jones, whats the point.

 

 

Ratings. Listeners. I have never listened to his show but I would love to hear this one to hear what the kid has to say. I'd also love to hear BBN call in and rail on him as well. :lol:

  • Replies 84
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If fan comes onto playing field to "associate" with player if you will, player should have right to woop fans butt.

Ratings. Listeners. I have never listened to his show but I would love to hear this one to hear what the kid has to say. I'd also love to hear BBN call in and rail on him as well. :lol:

 

Might be as entertaining as the Bill Nye vs. Creationism Debate.

Had that guy dressed as a three-pointer instead of a student, there's no way Aaron Harrison would have hit him.

 

He hit two back to back in the first half.

He hit two back to back in the first half.

 

And he's hit 29% for the year.

The fan's name is Rod Winkler and he'll be on Matt Jones' show today.

 

Brilliant! I absolutely condone rewarding awful and embarrassing behavior with a public forum. :ohbrother:

Brilliant! I absolutely condone rewarding awful and embarrassing behavior with a public forum. :ohbrother:

 

It is Matt Jones......

 

I listened to part of it on the podcast. Sounded to me like they both got worked up. I need to listen to the rest. Matt couldn't understand that Rod was trolling Aaron after the game. He was trying to find out what was said that set Aaron off. Rod was like I was cheering loudly and Aaron got mad at me. Sounds to me like Rod got really close to the action and let Aaron know his team just got owned on a put back dunk at the buzzer and Aaron didn't like that. Rod said when Aaron was coming toward him is when he did what he thought any man would do and he put up his fists to protect himself. I was laughing because Matt Jones wasn't realizing that Rod was trolling Aaron really hard.

 

#irony

  • Author
Did he hit anyone... Says Demarcus Cousins?

 

If DeMarcus Cousins ever really "hits" a fan, we'll know. Unless the fan is a very bad man, Cousins is probably going to put him in the hospital for a few days at minimum if he lands a clean shot.

  • Author

Also, we don't know what the fan said to Harrison. Both of the Harrisons are pretty public on social media in paying tribute to a close family member they've lost. What if the fan had said something about that just to try and set him off? If you don't think that kind of stuff happens, you should read some of the stories about the kind of harassment JJ Redick and Kevin Love got from opposing fans.

 

IIRC, when Love went to UCLA instead of Oregon, kids were calling him and/or his parents and saying things like "if you win tomorrow, we're going to burn your house down" the night before their game. It was so bad that the family had to hire security to take with them to the game. The article I read about Riddick said kids would be brutal with taunts about people like his 12-year-old sister and grandmother.

 

Obviously, that's the worst case scenario, and, if true, the kid is just a complete tool, but we don't know what he said either.

Again, Harrison has to be smarter than that. Regardless of what the dude said.

Yeah, definitely doesn't look like credentials, just a key.

 

Good job by Coach Antigua to make sure that didn't escalate.

 

I don't like how that fan has clenched fists from the get go. You never know what someone might do.

 

Don't like it either but you have to walk away from it. Morons like that are always talking when a crowd of buddies is around. Man to man, nobody around, he wouldn't be saying anything. However, I have no doubt he would have gotten his arse kicked in 5 seconds had he put a hand on Harrison.

Pretty obvious that Aaron wasn't moving, and the fan kept coming closer. Good on Aaron for not getting into it further.

 

I think it's pretty obvious from the photos that both took at least one step closer to the other party...

I think it's pretty obvious from the photos that both took at least one step closer to the other party...

 

Yes, it looks like Aaron took a step with his left foot (right foot couldn't have moved much) but the fan is clearly the one closing the gap and coming towards Aaron.

I am not going to try and put a dialogue to or paint an entire picture from a few still photos. My guess is Aaron was on his way to the locker room and this guy was in his way. It is natural to think Aaron would be progressing in that direction but not as likely for the other guy heading back towards the court. I am still trying to find the story here? Players get in shouting matches 100s of times a week across college basketball. The fan knows they are protected and nothing will happen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.