Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Clay: Aaron Harrison & Fan "Exchange Words" Following Game

Featured Replies

Harrison should have avoided it, but I would likely been in a worse situation at that age and confronted after that loss. That being said, the only thing this fan could do with a basketball is hide one in the hoodie undetected, Harrison should have asked him if that was two razorbacks fighting over a biscuit in the back of his sweats..

  • Replies 84
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like I've already said twice, he shouldn't have even interacted with the fan. There's stupid fans at EVERY building they will visit this season. What was the point in engaging him?

 

Typically, I'm in agreement with this. Major differing factor in this situation is this guy was on the court. I'm cool with fans saying ANYTHING and EVERYTHING from the stands. You come on the court, you're crossing a line.

 

At the end of the day, it's not a big deal, as nothing transpired, but you cannot allow idiot fans onto the floor while the players are out there. It's a huge safety issue and the main reason I think court-storming is the single most idiotic thing in all of college athletics.

Typically, I'm in agreement with this. Major differing factor in this situation is this guy was on the court. I'm cool with fans saying ANYTHING and EVERYTHING from the stands. You come on the court, you're crossing a line.

 

At the end of the day, it's not a big deal, as nothing transpired, but you cannot allow idiot fans onto the floor while the players are out there. It's a huge safety issue and the main reason I think court-storming is the single most idiotic thing in all of college athletics.

 

I agree with you. The fans shouldn't have been on the court. I also agree that it's not a big deal, but players have to understand, they have MUCH more to lose in an altercation with a fan than that fan does. Harrison knows he could have mopped that dude if he wanted to. Just smile and walk away, as hard as that may be sometimes. It's just not worth risking your playing time, or in an extreme case your career.

I agree with you. The fans shouldn't have been on the court. I also agree that it's not a big deal, but players have to understand, they have MUCH more to lose in an altercation with a fan than that fan does. Harrison knows he could have mopped that dude if he wanted to. Just smile and walk away, as hard as that may be sometimes. It's just not worth risking your playing time, or in an extreme case your career.

Deuce, you are failing to see the problem here. Harrison is unable to crack a smile.

Like I've already said twice' date=' he shouldn't have even interacted with the fan. There's stupid fans at EVERY building they will visit this season. What was the point in engaging him?[/quote']

 

How about to make sure he isn't getting attacked? Fans in the stands are fine, fans on the court, not so much.

In the first picture you can see someone tugging on Keenan's sweatshirt in an effort to pull him away. Keenan is oficially the aggressor at this point. I don't care what he said on KSR.

 

Harrison has to be smarter although evil PP92 would have liked to have seen Harrison knock Keenan out just because some fans feel like a player can't do anything to them. One fan gets dropped and boom, it'll never happen again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42407[/ATTACH]

 

^This....

 

I think it's crazy with some of the fan interaction at Basketball games that is permitted throughout the NCAA. This is a little too close for comfort...IMO!

 

 

Ohhh, they ain't even touching him. He'll be all right.

 

The old man glaring at him looks scarier and more troublesome than the fans.

 

Plus it's Danny Green. He sucks.

How about to make sure he isn't getting attacked? Fans in the stands are fine, fans on the court, not so much.

 

If you avoid the confrontation altogether, how do you get attacked?

If you avoid the confrontation altogether, how do you get attacked?

 

You aren't being serious are you?

If you avoid the confrontation altogether, how do you get attacked?

 

As I said before, if this fan is in his way to leave the floor where is he to go to avoid this? You are acting as if he sought this fan out and challenged him to come down.

You aren't being serious are you?

 

This situation was avoidable. By BOTH parties. That's all I'm saying.

You are acting as if he sought this fan out and challenged him to come down.

 

Didn't say that at all...

 

If he's standing between Harrison and the locker room, what was Harrison doing while the rest of the team made it to the locker room?

This situation was avoidable. By BOTH parties. That's all I'm saying.

 

Even if Harrison would've kept walking, it's very easy to see how he could've still been "attacked".

Even if Harrison would've kept walking, it's very easy to see how he could've still been "attacked".

 

Extremely unlikely.

Extremely unlikely.

You have an extremely ineffective plan for how to handle confrontation. I hope to hear how it turns out if you ever get in one. (maybe in a Louisville thread) You remind me a lot of France historically. I'm proud that Harrison kept his hands down and open and didn't further approach the young man and teach him a lesson.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.