If we have a government shut down...

jericho

Seems the ball is in the Senate hands and Dems.
Yes it is. However, all the media says is this is the Republicans fault. When in reality the Dems have an opportunity to keep the government running. They just don't want to because they want to blame the Rep.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is. However, all the media says is this is the Republicans fault. When in reality the Dems have an opportunity to keep the government running. They just don't want to because they want to blame the Rep.

They share the blame on this for me. More evidence of the inability to work together. That is issue number one for me when I vote. I want legislators that will work together. If there is a reasonable choice in any race, I will vote against the incumbent because they all are incompetent IMO. Clean house and start over.

They share the blame on this for me. More evidence of the inability to work together. That is issue number one for me when I vote. I want legislators that will work together. If there is a reasonable choice in any race, I will vote against the incumbent because they all are incompetent IMO. Clean house and start over.
It should never be about winning and losing but what is best for the country. Obama every time he opens his mouth divides this country. He pits Democrats against Republicans, blacks against whites, wealthy against poor.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Too many blowhards in D.C. looking to point the finger rather than take a good hard look in the mirror.

It should never be about winning and losing but what is best for the country. Obama every time he opens his mouth divides this country. He pits Democrats against Republicans, blacks against whites, wealthy against poor.

Same type stuff started in the last term of the Bush era and has done nothing but gain momentum. Too many up there looking out for the interests of whomever is greasing their palm rather than for the good of the people of this country. I do not care what party they are from, they are all like little kids that when they do not get their way they take their ball and go home. But before they go home they will look to blame someone other than themselves.

Don't forget Highlands vs. Simon Kenton.

In most congressional districts, there are no options other than voting for the Dem or GOP candidate. Need a viable third party.

Preaching to the choir. I've been saying that for years, but most folks don't have the stones to put their money where their mouths are.

Here is what I want. I want statesmen in Congress. I want the Congress we had 20+ years ago that would work with each other and compromise with each other. I want a government like what we had when Reagan and Tip O'Neill were able to compromise on legislation. Even like when Clinton and Gingrich compromised on issues and made government work. Government is not evil and doesn't need to be reduced at all costs. The structure and way our government works together is what has made America great. Brinksmanship and demagoguery are not what I want from my elected representatives. We need statesmen who are more worried about doing their job than winning a vote. Statesmen who will do their job the way our founding fathers wanted them to do it and make government work for the people who elected them. That's what I want.

Is this revionist history on how tense the relationship was between Clinton and congress? This isn't knew. I agree Reagan and Tip O'Neil were probably best example. But Obama's biggest weakness in office has been negotiating and communicating with the other party.

I honestly find it amusing people are shocked the GOP is fighting obamacare. A majority of those elected 2010 and after were elected on platform of ending obamacare. They are doing what there electorate voted on them to do.

Is this revionist history on how tense the relationship was between Clinton and congress? This isn't knew. I agree Reagan and Tip O'Neil were probably best example. But Obama's biggest weakness in office has been negotiating and communicating with the other party.

I honestly find it amusing people are shocked the GOP is fighting obamacare. A majority of those elected 2010 and after were elected on platform of ending obamacare. They are doing what there electorate voted on them to do.

Who was elected on a platform of ending Obamacare? I am sure there were some elected with that as part of their platform, but was anyone elected with ending Obamacare the central part of their platform?

I am so tired of Obama's lies and crap. Now he says he has reduced the deficit yet still wants to raise the debt ceiling again.

I don't blame congress anymore, Obama has blamed congress since day 1 and has done nothing to even try and balance the budget like congress has tried to do since day 1.

Here is what I want. I want statesmen in Congress. I want the Congress we had 20+ years ago that would work with each other and compromise with each other. I want a government like what we had when Reagan and Tip O'Neill were able to compromise on legislation. Even like when Clinton and Gingrich compromised on issues and made government work. Government is not evil and doesn't need to be reduced at all costs. The structure and way our government works together is what has made America great. Brinksmanship and demagoguery are not what I want from my elected representatives. We need statesmen who are more worried about doing their job than winning a vote. Statesmen who will do their job the way our founding fathers wanted them to do it and make government work for the people who elected them. That's what I want.
I disagree with this part of your statement. Government most definitely needs to be reduced. We can't afford the government. There are not enough taxpaying citizens to support all the programs. Not to mention , the welfare program is at it's all time high.