The Rivalry: St. Xavier vs. Trinity. Who wins and why?

All Tell

Who wins?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This game could go the way of the JV game. The first half could be scoreless. Trinity settles down on offense and simplifies their play calling. The Trinity defense plays with a greater sense of urgency.

The Trinity QB is better. The Trinity staff is more experienced in this atmosphere and has a calming affect on the squad. I like the Rocks in a 21-7 win.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my experience the second game, while has fewer people can end up being just as loud. "The Game" usually has a lot of casual fans in the stadium and both schools have some class reunions that coincide with the game. But the second game is all business, not a lot of festivities surrounding the second game.

Thanks, that surprises me given that the second game is much more critical.

First meeting usually has almost twice as many people as the playoff match up.

Some times of late, I'd say 3 to 4 times as many.

The first game is attempted by many publi schools in louisville. Most public schools schedule their games on Thursdays just to see the game. The first game is just for the casual fan. The second being for the diehard supporters.

Thanks, that surprises me given that the second game is much more critical.

The first game has taken on the aspect of a social affair. Grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles and kids of all ages attend the first one. It is a rite of fall in the T-X communities. College students come back for it. People plan for it. Today there is a big luncheon, called Salute to Catholic Education, which generates funds for all levels of Catholic education in the archdiocese. About 1,500 are expected to attend at a downtown hotel. It is no coincidence that this is scheduled for this week. T and X play each other this week in other sports, too. T calls this week Pride Week.