The Rivalry: St. Xavier vs. Trinity. Who wins and why?

All Tell

Who wins?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ For what it's worth...I'm hearing it's Noah.....and there is some rumbling.....other word was Nagle may be given the nod, and give a very, very short leash....say a series or two. The latter is not a plan I would run with....

I don't understand how one could even go with the latter. In the biggest game of the regular season, and probably his biggest test from all the critics, I'd like to believe he won't make that mistake.

Will Wolford be able to set aside Nagle's ties for the sake of the team and make this decision?

Personal Opinion: If Nagle starts the game Friday, I think he loses this whole team. He has to stick with Houk, who really baled him out of a Loss at Central. that whole game plan was odd enough to begin with , but you cant go backward..

^ For what it's worth...I'm hearing it's Noah.....and there is some rumbling.....other word was Nagle may be given the nod, and give a very, very short leash....say a series or two. The latter is not a plan I would run with....

This would be most disheartening if you ask me. Daddy ball at its finest. There is absolutely no reason with Nagle should start other than this.

2 QBs. 2 QB fathers on the coaching staff (3 if you count the Breits). Home life for the coach who's son doesn't get the nod could be interesting.

Let's add this pachyderm to the cubicle. If Houk starts and X loses how does that affect the chemistry of the team and staff? Will there be what ifs from Nagel and his supporters?

2 QBs. 2 QB fathers on the coaching staff (3 if you count the Breits). Home life for the coach who's son doesn't get the nod could be interesting.

Let's add this pachyderm to the cubicle. If Houk starts and X loses how does that affect the chemistry of the team and staff? Will there be what ifs from Nagel and his supporters?

Who cares I would much rather lose with Houk than nagle.

That's your opinion but what does it do to team chemistry? There's no way that there is unanimity in the X camp about who should start and if Houk starts an X loses I imagine the Nagle side will be vocal in their displeasure.

Edited by All Tell

That's your opinion but what does it do to team chemistry? There's no way that there is unanimity in the X camp about who should start.\and if Houk starts an X loses I imagine the Nagle side will be vocal in their displeasure.

I'm pretty sure the nagle side is mostly composed of members of the coaching staff. I believe undoubtedly the players want Houk to start.

If I'm getting the gist of what you're saying here and in your weekly X report the players did and will play better if Hauk is starting even though the coaches might think Nagle should be starting. Sure sounds like the players are running the show to me.