The Rivalry: St. Xavier vs. Trinity. Who wins and why?

All Tell

Who wins?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocks find a way to keep working their magic.... 24 - 21. X plays an excellent game but makes one to many misstakes.... Time will tell!!!!

Go Tigers !!!

You're starting to sound a lot like XGrad-JAGDad.

While yesterday I was feeling like T might pull off the victory on Friday, today I'm starting feel myself going back toward my roots!

Might need another day to get my thoughts together for this game.

You're starting to sound a lot like XGrad-JAGDad.

While yesterday I was feeling like T might pull off the victory on Friday, today I'm starting feel myself going back toward my roots!

Might need another day to get my thoughts together for this game.

Exactly what I was thinking. But as I said earlier, I have no clue how this one will turn out. But I expect a big game on the ground from the tiger backs and the lack of a ground game from the T backfield, aside from Bonnafon. I can see him scampering in a couple times. I think the tiger d will generate enough pressure to put themselves in great situations, but I don't of they'll capitalize on them.

Hasn't Houk been starting at QB fot the Tiger JV team? Will they play him Monday?

No he has not been dressing JV besides 1 quarter of PT last week. AJ Breit will lead the Tigers at QB tomorrow in JV.

As for the game on Friday... Oh, boy!! What to think about this one?? The Shamrocks are not so almighty anymore after losing Quick, Hatcher, White, Wright, Dawkins... the list goes on and on... with a 2-3 record heading into the big game. So this must mean that St. X has the upper hand, right? Oh, but wait why don't they just have probably the biggest QB controversy they've ever had right before taking on Trinity? Father Nagle vs. Father Houk battling in the offensive film room. How can Coach Browning prepare Noah for the starter while coming home that night and seeing B.J.? It's an interesting one and probably the craziest one in a while as for storyline.

On the field, I want to see how the Tiger Defense fairs against a mobile Bonnafon. He lacks the weapons Wright had, but can he make up for it with his athleticism?

Coach Beatty has had this game circled since the minute Will Wolford started tweeting #RollTigers. He would love nothing more to embarrass him on the big stage and show him how a 6A football team should be coached. This game is notorious for the difference being coaching. People thought there was a big gap before with Glaser on the sideline, but wait till they see how far it will be on Friday.

Everyone can say that "Oh, this game means nothing until the playoffs!", but the only reason Glaser was pushed out the 31st story of Tiger Tech was so that Wolford could beat Trinity. If he comes up short in front of all those alumni that were nagging the Athletic Director Alan Donhoff and President Perry Sengalli to make a move, how bad will they look then?

I am a fan of the Tigers, but let me be clear that I am extremely nervous for Friday that we are not run out of the stadium by an out coached team. Not out talented. Out coached. Not going to make a score prediction until I know if Houk or Nagle gets the nod like AT. May the best team win and not be held back by play callers.

^

Keep telling yourself we have no ground game besides Reggie. Ask Cathedrals defense about Donald Brooks.

I guess a two headed monster will have to do.

I didn't say T had no ground game besides Reggie, I said in this contest there will be no semblance of a run game from Brooks.

To the bolded, do you mean Walker and Davis? :idunno:

Edited by JokersWild24

I had to go with T on this round.

Things do not change over night (or after 6 games). If anything X took a (temporary) step backward last week with the personnel changes. If you shuffle the team around you usually take a step or 2 back in the stages of teaming - forming, storming, norming and performing. X may have shifted back to storming but T seems to be closer to the performing stage.

In response to Xavier, I think....wait I hope Wolford and Co. (new coaches at X) learned what it's like to go against a well coached team in Bowling Green. I believe they learned their lesson in what it takes to prepare your team for success on Friday. If it was me I would start Houk. Take Browning out the equation, which is tough to do, but if you see BJ and Noah as pretty much equal, then you go with the younger player. BJ has had plenty of time to prove himself and he has not proven to be the best QB.

The X defense cannot let Reggie beat them with his legs. The DL and LBers must stay in their rush lanes and keep contain. I believe Coach Walsh and Co. are tired of seeing the Rock offense pick them apart, and he is going to have his unit ready.

I'm looking forward to making the trip up from Florida to see this game!

Roll Tigers!