The Rivalry: St. Xavier vs. Trinity. Who wins and why?

All Tell

Who wins?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard there is some talk that Walker is hurt and may not play. Can any of the X folks confirm or deny?

Either way, someone is going to have to help Walker carry the load on offense. Davis, Nagle, Houk, Hayden....someone is going to have to offer the second punch for the offense.

That doesn't sound like a denial. Possibly my source was correct?

Personally, I would like to see him play. Great talent!

It didn't sound like a conformation either. I love seeing him play, you're right he's an absolute talent.

Thanks, that surprises me given that the second game is much more critical.

People all over the USA plan their vacations around this game. It is a huge Community Reunion for both institutions.

This is why the Trinity and St Xavier folks asked Male and Manual and the KHSAA permission to step outside the normal "district" game schedule.

I was at the freshmen game and spoke with a couple who drove from Philadephia to spend the week with their son and grandson. There were around 2,000 at the freshmen game. :thumb:

People all over the USA plan their vacations around this game. It is a huge Community Reunion for both institutions. This is why the Trinity and St Xavier folks asked Male and Manual and the KHSAA permission to step outside the normal "district" game schedule. I was at the freshmen game and spoke with a couple who drove from Philadephia to spend the week with their son and grandson. There were around 2' date='000 at the freshmen game. :thumb:[/quote']

2000 at a Freshmen game WOW! That's crazy. I'm sure Louisville will be rockin this weekend no pun intended.

2000 at a Freshmen game WOW! That's crazy. I'm sure Louisville will be rockin this weekend no pun intended.

The whole pride week is extremely well attended. The JV/Varsity soccer doubleheader on Wednesday night at Trinity probably had 2000 people in attendance. In the winter there will be a large crowd at the X/T wrestling dual and the annual basketball game is heal in Freedom Hall because it's outgrown every other facility in Louisville. In the spring the baseball game is played at Slugger Field. I've said before if a kid from Trinity and a kid from X start playing jacks there will be people who will pay to watch them and argue about who has the better overall jacks program.

I'm trying to rate where X falls in line as far as the toughest opponent T has had.... maybe second to last???

Where does T fall on the Tiger scale??? Maybe first or second best? Third best? I do put them ahead of Fairdale (bazinga).

T has seen running games as good/better than X. X has not seen a passing game like T (even though it is down this year).

The X qb hub-bub is a distraction too. Those kids will be watching how the dad of the benched qb is acting on the sideline. The biggest factor though is mistakes. The most turnovers = loss.

All that put into the computer says T wins 23-13, with 5,000+ teenagers under the stands not knowing the final score.

I'm trying to rate where X falls in line as far as the toughest opponent T has had.... maybe second to last???

Where does T fall on the Tiger scale??? Maybe first or second best? Third best? I do put them ahead of Fairdale (bazinga).

T has seen running games as good/better than X. X has not seen a passing game like T (even though it is down this year).

The X qb hub-bub is a distraction too. Those kids will be watching how the dad of the benched qb is acting on the sideline. The biggest factor though is mistakes. The most turnovers = loss.

All that put into the computer says T wins 23-13, with 5,000+ teenagers under the stands not knowing the final score.

T, third best. Also bowling greens passing attack is much better than T's.

T, third best. Also bowling greens passing attack is much better than T's.

You may have a point there.

BG QB shredded the Tiger defense for 300 yards and 4 tds (and another 100+ on the ground). I had forgotten that beat down.

I'd like to think St. X is a little better now so Reggie will have to step up to match those numbers.