Frank329 Has Passed Away

Birdsfan

The BGP poster who we knew as Frank329 passed away over the weekend. His real name was Frank Giglia, and he was very well known in the Ft. Thomas community. I first knew Frank as my brother's friend. He has been a fixture at Highlands football games, and it is there that I've gotten to know him so much better. If you've attended a Highlands football game in the last several years and stood on the home side of the field...well, you know Frank! He was (in)famous for giving all kinds of hell to the referees. I have to admit though, those of us who sat along the blue rail were, at least, complicit in egging him on. The refs usually laughed it off, and I know Frank just meant it in fun.

Underneath Frank's sometimes gruff exterior was a kind man with a big heart. He proved that to me many years ago, when I was hospitalized and near death. I was scheduled to have a painful surgical procedure on my kidney and was terribly scared. Well, there to support me that morning, were my parents, my brother Mike....and Frank. He truly was a good soul. I know he did a lot of work with the Ft. Thomas Junior Football League and other community groups, but I'm going to leave that to my more knowledgeable fellow Birds fans to tell you more about.

I will dearly miss Frank. It was sad to see his health deteriorate over the past few years. The last conversation I had with him was by text. I was at the Bryan Station game and he hadn't been able to make it. He wanted to know the score and asked me to keep him updated.

Frank - We won. The refs didn't miss you, but we sure did...and always will.

God rest your soul, my friend.

Arrangements for Frank Giglia have not yet been announced.

Sorry to hear about Franks passing.

I loved the man and his passion for the Highlands Football program....He bled Blue more than anyone I know at Highlands and was damn proud of his team

The guy knew what he was talking about whether people wanted to listen or not...:thumb:

Here's to you Frank.....Just Sayin