Frank329 Has Passed Away

Birdsfan

Whenever I think of Frank I think of the FTJFL. When I was a young boy you always knew he was someone important to our league the way he conducted himself while involved with youth football. The man was respected by all! He spent countless hours helping build the FTJFL the program that it is today. I had the pleasure as a Soph to play alongside his Son Nick who was Senior. What a great family man and person Frank was! This Bluebird is going to miss you Frank......

Here's to you Frank......

Come on Ref.....That's terrible!

His daughter Angela posted a note on Facebook earlier this week. I did not know her Dad was so involved with FTJFL and Highlands. She had a great message about him on Facebook tonight. I though I would add the ending here...

.....and if you go to any Highlands Football games listen very carefully, for you may just hear my Dad, Frank Giglia, yelling at the refs from heaven. I love you Dad, we will all miss you!

I harass Angela's husband about letting his wife pull him away from Beechwood, but I now see that the draw is just as great as it is for me at Beechwood. Sounds like Frank would have been very Proud that his Oldest Grand Daughter is attending Highlands and the other swill be there soon enough.

....and if you go to any Highlands Football games listen very carefully, for you may just hear my Dad, Frank Giglia, yelling at the refs from heaven. I love you Dad, we will all miss you!
This is soooo true! That first game is going to be tough for those of us who were used to having Frank by our side...and having refs give us dirty looks. :cool:

The visitation for Frank was this evening. I thought that might be rough, but it wasn't. Maybe the fact that his earthly remains had been cremated made it a little easier. There was no eerie presence, no sleeping face under bright lights. It was mostly quiet conversation with some of Frank's family and friends.

You know when it's going to hit home? Next Friday night, climbing the ramp by the blue rail -- passing the spot where Frank held court on Friday nights in fall, for so many years. That's when it's going to be tough.

Then we'll go on. We'll cheer and clap and root on our Birds...and we'll give the refs all kinds of good-natured hell! Because that's what Frank would've wanted us to do.

You know, he loved to give me a hard time too. I could often expect to hear him calling out to me before we even got down the driveway to the field. "Aw Jeez! What are you doing here?" He'd yell across fifty yards of blacktop and the heads of confused bystanders.

I wonder: could that mean that he secretly really liked the refs? Or does it mean he thought I was doing a crappy job as a Birds fan? I hope it's the former. :cool:

A FB tribute from Frank's son yesterday: Love ya, Nick. Hope you are doing well.

My Deadhead tribute to my Dad, Frank Giglia. Fare you well,,,I love you more than words can tell. It's the lyrics to "Box of Rain",,,,

Look out of any window, any morning, any evening, any day.

Maybe the sun is shining, birds are singing,

No rain is falling from a heavy sky.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?

For this is all a dream we dreamed one afternoon, long ago.

Walk out of any doorway, feel your way, feel your way like the day before.

Maybe you'll find direction,

Around some corner where it's been waiting to meet you.

What do you want me to do, to watch for you while you are sleeping?

Then please don't be surprised when you find me dreaming too.

Look into any eyes you find by you, you can see clear to another day,

Maybe been seen before, through other eyes on other days while going home.

It's all a dream we dreamed one afternoon, long ago.

Walk into splintered sunlight,

Inch your way through dead dreams to another land.

Maybe you're tired and broken,

Your tongue is twisted with words half spoken and thoughts unclear

A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.

Just a box of rain, wind and water

Believe it if you need it, if you don't, just pass it on

Sun and shower, wind and rain

In and out the window like a moth before a flame

And it's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there,

Believe it if you need it, or leave it if you dare.

And it's just a box of rain, or a ribbon for your hair;

Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.