44 members have voted

1. 1. What happens?

• Louisville wins big (21+)
    • Louisville wins by 2-3 scores (11-20)
    • Louisville wins a close game(1-10)
    • Kentucky wins a close game (1-10)
    • Kentucky wins by 2-3 scores (11-20)
    • Kentucky wins big (21+)

Maybe one day some of you will realize UL's schedule is of no fault of their own... :deadhorse:

Have to respectfully disagree with this one, at least to some extent. Teams like Boise State, BYU, etc. who are fringe top 20-25 types but play in a weaker conference (i.e., MWC, current ACC, old Big East types [yes, I realize Louisville was in this conference, just using it as an example]) would have probably wanted to do a home and home with Louisville to beef up their own schedule.

In the grand scheme of things though, I do know that one game would probably be the most that they could get, but at least one game against a top 25 type team is better than nothing. Replacing the Ohio game with a Boise State type, then keeping the Kentucky and EKU games would at least give one game that could serve as a measuring stick where there are currently none.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to respectfully disagree with this one, at least to some extent. Teams like Boise State, BYU, etc. who are fringe top 20-25 types but play in a weaker conference (i.e., MWC, current ACC, old Big East types [yes, I realize Louisville was in this conference, just using it as an example]) would have probably wanted to do a home and home with Louisville to beef up their own schedule.

In the grand scheme of things though, I do know that one game would probably be the most that they could get, but at least one game against a top 25 type team is better than nothing. Replacing the Ohio game with a Boise State type, then keeping the Kentucky and EKU games would at least give one game that could serve as a measuring stick where there are currently none.

Those games are typically scheduled 2+ years in advance. Conference realignment happened much faster than that and stuck Louisville with a schedule they didn't expect less than a year before the 2013 season was going to start. Heck, it wasn't very many months ago Louisville was supposed to play a game at Boise State as part of conference play this year.

Adding those games at the very last minute isn't easy. Louisville was turned down by Ohio State for such a game and ESPN tried to get Virginia Tech to back out of the Chick-fil-A Kickoff in Atlanta so there would be a Louisville-Alabama matchup but that didn't happen either.

Just look how far out Ohio State, Texas and the like have their major non-conference games scheduled. Louisville couldn't just pick somebody up because it's just not possible to do so.

I feel like we've covered all this a hundred times.

Those games are typically scheduled 2+ years in advance. Conference realignment happened much faster than that and stuck Louisville with a schedule they didn't expect less than a year before the 2013 season was going to start. Heck, it wasn't very many months ago Louisville was supposed to play a game at Boise State as part of conference play this year.

Adding those games at the very last minute isn't easy. Louisville was turned down by Ohio State for such a game and ESPN tried to get Virginia Tech to back out of the Chick-fil-A Kickoff in Atlanta so there would be a Louisville-Alabama matchup but that didn't happen either.

Just look how far out Ohio State, Texas and the like have their major non-conference games scheduled. Louisville couldn't just pick somebody up because it's just not possible to do so.

We have covered it a hundred times, and they continue to ignore it. Maybe as you said, that's all there is for them to hate on, so they hate on something that really wasn't in UL's control. Hate away.

Maybe one day some of you will realize UL's schedule is of no fault of their own... :deadhorse:

I am not assigning fault to anyone or saying it to bash or hate. It is just the reality of the situation and to me the central theme of this team's potential, or non-potential, success.

Even with conference realignment, I don't know why they wouldn't have tried to beef up their Big East schedule.

I understand that these games are scheduled years in advance, and that TV networks, etc. play a large part in it, but I think Louisville sort of painted themselves into a corner here by not at least trying to beef up a weak Big East schedule years ago.

We have covered it a hundred times, and they continue to ignore it. Maybe as you said, that's all there is for them to hate on, so they hate on something that really wasn't in UL's control. Hate away.

Not trying to hate. I'm just being realistic that they don't play a very strong schedule, especially this year. I think that's a pretty fair and valid criticism.

I am not assigning fault to anyone or saying it to bash or hate. It is just the reality of the situation and to me the central theme of this team's potential, or non-potential, success.

Louisville is not getting in the NC game unless all other teams have at least one loss, and even then would need some help. The issue I have with the schedule banter is that it seems some believe (or make it seem that way) Louisville's schedule is their own fault, when the reality is they were one of many "victims" of the conference realignment.

The schedule is weak.

That is not Louisville's fault.

Rolling the dice by not scheduling a big game with conference realignment going on around them, especially when they are already in a precarious position as far as strength of schedule goes, is a questionable decision though.

Rolling the dice by not scheduling a big game with conference realignment going on around them, especially when they are already in a precarious position as far as strength of schedule goes, is a questionable decision though.

You can only ask teams to play you... You can't make them. It's on record that Louisville has attempted to have several "big games" added to the schedule, but none of those teams would commit. There's only so much you can do.

You can only ask teams to play you... You can't make them. It's on record that Louisville has attempted to have several "big games" added to the schedule, but none of those teams would commit. There's only so much you can do.

Who are some who've turned them down? I'm new to the college forum, so I'm genuinely unfamiliar.

I can definitely see why an SEC school other than Kentucky or a perennial powerhouse would not want to play them when they are up. They have everything to lose and nothing to gain really.

Do you have an idea who they asked, just curious?