Pacman Jones Arrested - Shannon Wesley knocked to the ground

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So getting hit with a beer bottle is something that doesn't deserve a reaction?

To answer your rhetorical question: you can use the same or a similar amount of force to defend yourself. If she hit him in the head with a beer bottle, he could certainly respond by punching her and/or using his fists (if not more).

I've watched the video 10 times. It doesn't look like she hit Pacman with a beer bottle to me. She most certainly put the beer bottle in his face and likely poured beer on him, but she did not appear to exert much force. Pacman escalated things by swinging at her.

With that said, I'm guessing that Pacman didn't land the punch. The girl appears to get up fairly quickly and move toward the exit...

To answer your rhetorical question: you can use the same or a similar amount of force to defend yourself. If she hit him in the head with a beer bottle, he could certainly respond by punching her and/or using his fists (if not more).

I've watched the video 10 times. It doesn't look like she hit Pacman with a beer bottle to me. She most certainly put the beer bottle in his face and likely poured beer on him, but she did not appear to exert much force. Pacman escalated things by swinging at her.

With that said, I'm guessing that Pacman didn't land the punch. The girl appears to get up fairly quickly and move toward the exit...

And whether you do use an equal amount of resistance, the fact is Pacman, fair or not, has forfeited his rights to get in altercations like this. That is why he can't put himself in these type situations. I know some of the reaction will be, "well, so you are saying he can't go out and do anything?" And the answer to that is: "on some level that is a true statement." He always seems to find trouble. So you have to avoid areas and situations that may result in trouble.

And whether you do use an equal amount of resistance, the fact is Pacman, fair or not, has forfeited his rights to get in altercations like this. That is why he can't put himself in these type situations. I know some of the reaction will be, "well, so you are saying he can't go out and do anything?" And the answer to that is: "on some level that is a true statement." He always seems to find trouble. So you have to avoid areas and situations that may result in trouble.

Doesn't help that almost everyone sees him as an easy target, and has it in for him because of it.

Agreed. And to make matters worse, Pacman didn't appear to be a patron of the bar. Instead, he was just standing outside the patio area...

I guess the video no longer works? As I can't see anything.

But, if she threw a bottle or hit him with a bottle, all bets are off, she will, and should get at least smacked! I don't get how just because it was a female you can't hit them? Tell that to someone like Travis Alexander. Many females that hit a guy think this way and it's the reason why they act like they do. If she did instigate this, if he didn't stop her who is to say she wouldn't have done more, and worse?

As Guru stated in one of his first posts here, the job of the police is to talk to all involved and witnesses, and it looks like they didn't bother to talk to Pacman or any witnesses, they clearly did not do their job! As Guru also stated, their job is not to be the judge.

Doesn't help that almost everyone sees him as an easy target, and has it in for him because of it.

Exactly the point I am making. He just can't put himself in those situations. It is sucks and it is not fair, but he dug his own grave.

Based on the video' date=' it's clear she hit him with the bottle, thus resulting in his reaction....Seems to completely corroborate his story.[/quote']

Agreed, probably not the smartest idea but she "assaulted" him first. Looks like she was trying to pour it on him and hit him with it instead.

You really define what she did as "hit?"

To me it it hard to tell, but it kind of looked like she got him in the eye with the beer. She still shouldn't have done it ans she did look to have started it.

But what you said before, the police should have questioned every witness, as well as Pacman.

If "she" had been a "he", no one would have had a problem with Jones defending himself. Because it's a girl though, people want to be up in arms about hitting a female. I guess next time she'll think twice before acting like a fool whether it was a punch, slap or spilled drink. Mr. Jones, on the other hand, should probably re-evaluate his life AGAIN and think about NOT hanging out inside or outside of bars. Both of them are idiots.