Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pacman Jones Arrested - Shannon Wesley knocked to the ground

Featured Replies

We can agree to disagree.

 

How in the world can someone watch that video and not agree that she, not Pacman, initiated physical contact? It's clear as day.

  • Replies 177
  • Views 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How in the world can someone watch that video and not agree that she, not Pacman, initiated physical contact? It's clear as day.

 

If you want to do this you need to make sure you get my comments correct, my original response that you are "calling out now and in the past post" was a response to Hellbird that Wesley was clearly the instigator. Since there is no audio and no independent accounts of the events we can't clearly say who was the instigator. I can't imagine any scenario here where this did not go from a verbal altercation to a physical one. I agree Wesley appears to have initiated a physical altercation but we don't know who instigated the verbal altercation and since Pacman/his agent are clearly liars based on the video I lean with Wesley's version of the events meaning in my opinion with the limited information we all have I believe Pacman was the instigator of the verbal altercation. To take it a step further, I think Wesley got involved in something that was none of her business, poured gasoline on the situation, and got what was coming to her. Finally, I think the police probably rushed their arrest.

Here’s dictation of the call to police:

 

Wesley: I’m at FB’s on the corner of … well near the corner of Race and Sixth St.

 

Dispatcher: Where are you at, ma’am?

 

Wesley: I’m at the corner of Sixth and Race

 

Dispatcher: I got Sixth and Race, but I’m not understanding the name of the location.

 

(Dispatcher verifies location.)

 

Dispatcher: Ok, and what’s your name?

 

Wesley: My name is Shannon Wesley … I was just punched in the head by a Bengal player named Pacman Jones outside a bar.

 

(Wesley gives the dispatcher a description of Jones.)

 

Wesley: It just happened, I’m a little shaken up … it happened really fast. He was harassing my friend and saying derogatory things towards my friend and I stood up to him and he called me a (name of female dog) and he punched me in my head.

 

Dispatcher: Do you need an ambulance, ma’am?

 

Wesley: I don’t, but I’m very upset and this is unacceptable. I want him arrested. He just took off in what I believe was maybe a Mustang, or some kind of convertible. I believe it was black. It took off too fast. It was parked right next to where it happened. I didn’t get the license plate number, but …

 

Dispatcher: Ok, on Race or on Sixth …

 

Wesley: I didn’t know who he was, the people who were standing around me told me his identity.

 

Dispatcher: Ma’am, listen to me please, was it last seen on Race or on Sixth toward what street?

 

Wesley: Yes, heading west on Sixth Street toward, I guess, that’s Elm toward the Convention Center. I asked the bouncer, who was about twice the guy’s size, to keep him here until the police got here, but he just put him in a car and let him (f-bomb) go away. I’m sorry for cursing. I’m very upset.

 

Dispatcher: Ok, Shannon and you’re waiting outside this bar?

 

Wesley: Yes, I am.

 

(Dispatcher gets description of Wesley.)

 

Dispatcher: Ok, we’ve got the officers notified. Will you flag them down when they get there, please?

 

Wesley: Yes, thank you ma’am. Sorry for cursing at you again.

 

Dispatcher: No problem, ma’am. Thank you.

Guru, going by the 911 call transcript it is clear that Wesley left out some information. It is clear by the transcript that she (probably intentionally) left out the fact that she either threw a drink on him or threw her beer bottle at him, either way it clearly didn't go down the way she described it on the call when she said the following: "It just happened, I’m a little shaken up … it happened really fast. He was harassing my friend and saying derogatory things towards my friend and I stood up to him and he called me a (name of female dog) and he punched me in my head."

 

I didn't read anywhere in the transcript that she did anything other than stand up and defend her friend, clearly according to the video what she told the dispatcher was not entirely true, so why would someone automatically come to the conclusion that it was Pac Man's fault? I do agree with you when you said you believe the police rushed their arrest.

 

I'm curious how it would of been handled if it was Pac-Man who made the 911 call.

You have statements by Pacman and his agent/lawyer to go on and the 911 call from the Wesley to go on.

 

One thing is for sure, I don't buy for a second Pacman was minding his own business and having no contact with anyone inside the bar and Wesley approached him for no reason and initiated an altercation.

I again am only going off what the video shows. Each person involved has their side of the story and I would take both stories with a grain of salt, but I also wouldn't put all the blame on Pac-Man as the video clearly shows Wesley was the one that initiated physical contact. That being said, Pac-Man's past doesn't help him any but at the same time Wesley's story has already been proven wrong by the video itself as she claims she didn't do anything but stand up for her friend when the video clearly shows her initiating the physical confrontation.

Hellbird, no doubt Wesley slanted the story in her favor by the omission of whatever she did with that beer/beer bottle. However, Pacman and his agent blatantly lied about what happened.

 

I would have to look at the Ohio statues but I really think Cincy PD needs to give serious consideration to charging Wesley with a crime too.

I want to add to my above post, what Wesley did on the phone with the dispatcher could be described as an excited utterance immediately after she just got knocked on her butt and isn't necessarily meant to be comprehensive. What will be interesting in the case of Wesley is how her statement to Cincy PD reads and what she included about her actions.

 

In the case of Pacman and his agent/lawyer, their statements were calculated, false statements to the public and media after the fact.

Hellbird, no doubt Wesley slanted the story in her favor by the omission of whatever she did with that beer/beer bottle. However, Pacman and his agent blatantly lied about what happened.

 

I would have to look at the Ohio statues but I really think Cincy PD needs to give serious consideration to charging Wesley with a crime too.

I agree 110% with your post here. Like I said, I 'd have to take either story with a grain of salt because both clearly were not 100% the truth and both slanted toward eachothers favor.

 

Here is the problem I have with the entire incident. to me I could care less if it involved a football player or not, what I saw on the video didn't deserve the police being involved in the first place. It was clearly a verbal altercation up until Wesley instigated the physical portion, and even after that she clearly wasn't hurt as she got up right away chasing him down the street. All it looked like to me was an argument that didn't escalate into a physical fight etc. Both sides should of just walked away and left it at that.

 

I am also curious to know if she would of called the police in the first place if she didn't find out it was Pac-Man. It is clear that she was told it was Pac Man before she called the police.

I agree 110% with your post here. Like I said, I 'd have to take either story with a grain of salt because both clearly were not 100% the truth and both slanted toward eachothers favor.

 

Here is the problem I have with the entire incident. to me I could care less if it involved a football player or not, what I saw on the video didn't deserve the police being involved in the first place. It was clearly a verbal altercation up until Wesley instigated the physical portion, and even after that she clearly wasn't hurt as she got up right away chasing him down the street. All it looked like to me was an argument that didn't escalate into a physical fight etc. Both sides should of just walked away and left it at that.

 

I am also curious to know if she would of called the police in the first place if she didn't find out it was Pac-Man. It is clear that she was told it was Pac Man before she called the police.

 

I lean towards no police involvement too because there is definitely fault on both sides so why cause everyone all the hassle, money, negative press etc.

 

To your second part, if it wasn't a known suspect, calling the police would not have made much sense.

 

Again, I think Wesley had it coming but the same type of personality that gets involved in that type of altercation and does what she did surely is the same type of personality that will call the police (and "demand" he be arrested) because he got the best of her and her pride/ego took a blow (pun intended).

So Pacman is a "liar" for leaving out details, but she's simply "slanting" the story her way....:rolleyes:

So Pacman is a "liar" for leaving out details, but she's simply "slanting" the story her way....:rolleyes:

 

Again, Wesley didn't give every last detail to the dispatcher in the seconds right after she was assaulted which is much different than having several hours to reflect on the situation and blatantly making up and telling lies.

Again, Wesley didn't give every last detail to the dispatcher in the seconds right after she was assaulted which is much different than having several hours to reflect on the situation and blatantly making up and telling lies.

 

Both are liars. You can try and slant it to make Pacman look like the culprit all you want, doesn't mean you aren't dead wrong.

Both are liars. You can try and slant it to make Pacman look like the culprit all you want, doesn't mean you aren't dead wrong.

 

I think it all comes down to who is more credible. A lie by omission (Wesley) in the heat of the moment vs. calculated blatant lies after reflection and advice from his agent/lawyer (Pacman).

This is a general statement, anyone that knows me or reads this forum knows I drink the Bengal Kool Aid so the last thing I want to see is Adam Jones (or any Bengal) get in trouble with the law and not be able to help the Bengals win football games.

This is a general statement, anyone that knows me or reads this forum knows I drink the Bengal Kool Aid so the last thing I want to see is Adam Jones (or any Bengal) get in trouble with the law and not be able to help the Bengals win football games.

 

I'm a huge Bengals fan also, but I've never once sided on the side of a person simply because they play for my favorite team. I am on record saying I think for instance Chris Henry should of been let go back in 2006 due to his off field issues etc.

 

With that said, this case also has no bias for me either way because of who Pac Man is.

I just am old fashioned I guess, I never believe 2 wrongs make a right and is why I said what I said in the other thread about the texas woman who was "assaulted" in the Texas jail.

 

Both person s involved were wrong and acted like little kids instead of adults so I don't really care either way how the case goes, I just don't see it being worth involving the police in the first place. It's getting to the point that any altercation verbal or anything else needs police involvement in anymore. I just don't agree with society's philosophy on that these days.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.