Pacman Jones Arrested - Shannon Wesley knocked to the ground

From Cincy Jungle:

"You see at the beginning of the video I went over there to talk to the two young ladies who were sitting in the chair," Jones explained. "And the two behind them wasn’t even outside. When I went back over there and told them I ain’t taking no pictures, the young lady in the black immediately got up and that’s when I was approached by the young lady on the wall with the beer who was taking a picture. I was like, ‘Hoe, where in the (bad word that starts with f) did you come from?’

"She was like, ‘Who the (expletive) you think you is?’ And I was like ‘Look, I don’t want any problems, man. You look like you’ve had too many.’ Before I could say that is when I got hit with the bottle. She swung and hit me with a bottle and it was just an instant reaction to slap her shoulder down."

========================================

And you can hear the audio here and Pacman is still overstating what she did and minimizing what he did. I can't believe his lawyer allowed this interview, nail in the coffin...

Adam Jones on ESPN Radio: "Hoe, where the **** you come from?" - Cincy Jungle

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any clues as to why his lawyer allowed the interview?

I was wondering that the entire time. As soon as they asked him about it I assumed he would say he couldn't talk about it. But he went out of his way and made them pull up the video and watch it while he walked them through it. He even held on through a 4 minute commercial break to continue the interview.

I was wondering that the entire time. As soon as they asked him about it I assumed he would say he couldn't talk about it. But he went out of his way and made them pull up the video and watch it while he walked them through it. He even held on through a 4 minute commercial break to continue the interview.

Unbelievable.

Too bad he is civil judgment proof because he is already in the hole for so much.

From Cincy Jungle:

"You see at the beginning of the video I went over there to talk to the two young ladies who were sitting in the chair," Jones explained. "And the two behind them wasn’t even outside. When I went back over there and told them I ain’t taking no pictures, the young lady in the black immediately got up and that’s when I was approached by the young lady on the wall with the beer who was taking a picture. I was like, ‘Hoe, where in the (bad word that starts with f) did you come from?’

"She was like, ‘Who the (expletive) you think you is?’ And I was like ‘Look, I don’t want any problems, man. You look like you’ve had too many.’ Before I could say that is when I got hit with the bottle. She swung and hit me with a bottle and it was just an instant reaction to slap her shoulder down."

========================================

And you can hear the audio here and Pacman is still overstating what she did and minimizing what he did. I can't believe his lawyer allowed this interview, nail in the coffin...

Adam Jones on ESPN Radio: "Hoe, where the **** you come from?" - Cincy Jungle

See another semi-innocent person misquoted. I hate that when that happens...LOL

• 1 month later...

Bengals cornerback Adam Jones was supposed to stand trial on assault charges Monday, but the day at the courtroom ended before it started.

Kimball Perry of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that the case was continued until a later date. That date is unknown but Perry “bet” that the new date would be after the end of the football season.

Jones was facing charges related to a June incident at a bar in Cincinnati. Jones has beenaccused of assaulting a 34-year-old woman in an incident that was caught on video. Jones has argued that he was protecting himself from the woman, who appeared to stick something in Jones’ face before he struck her.

Adam Jones? assault trial continued, no new date set | ProFootballTalk

• 2 months later...

In fairness to Pacman he was acquitted on this charge:

“The initial aggressor in this case was Shannon Wesley with the beer bottle,” Visiting Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge Robert Taylor said.

Wesley, 34, was at a Downtown bar in the early morning hours of June 5 when Jones began verbally accosting a female in their group. Wesley responded by pouring a beer on Jones who then punched her in the head, knocking her to the ground.

In reaching the not guilty verdict, the judge said both sides were to blame but because Wesley put the beer bottle near Jones’ eye, the football player was forced to defend himself.

“It wasn't an action. It was a reaction,” the judge said.

Bengals' Adam 'Pacman' Jones not guilty of assault | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com