IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups

Republicans wage war on women; the Tea Party wages war on books. And you wonder why people vote Democrat.

You might want to actually read the story linked to in Post 170. For 34 years HB 44 essentially trumped KRS 173.790 when it came to library district taxation. So now we've got a couple of conservative judges siding with the lower-taxes-uber-alles Tea Party moron, and you feel emboldened to start throwing around terms such as "illegal" and "criminal behavior." That type of histrionics no doubt plays well to your pals who are to the right of Torquemada, but not to rational human beings who think that libraries play an important role in a "civilized society."

First paragraph can't be taken serious if you honestly believe that I feel sorry for you. Again no one is waging war on libraries. The war is on government over reaching. Scare tactics may work in your non critical thinking world. I like facts and the facts are the government got caught over reaching.

I do like that you have used two main tactics the crazy far left has adapted . First you use scare tactic to avoid the truth on the situation. Then you attack both judges character because you despise the rulings. Quite sad but predictable.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh the old " war on women" Oscar Mayer Bologna. Laughable. Sad . Blind . Me -- Pay for your own BC's --- Twotoplace ' YOU HATE WOMEN" .. lol ME . Lets vote on tax levies Two : you wage war on reading ... demogoguery at its finest.

Edited by Randy Parker
Rules 8 & 13

First paragraph can't be taken serious if you honestly believe that I feel sorry for you. Again no one is waging war on libraries. The war is on government over reaching. Scare tactics may work in your non critical thinking world. I like facts and the facts are the government got caught over reaching.

I do like that you have used two main tactics the crazy far left has adapted . First you use scare tactic to avoid the truth on the situation. Then you attack both judges character because you despise the rulings. Quite sad but predictable.

Here are some facts for you to absorb: Do you get to vote on cable TV rates? What about electric, gas, sewer, water? Do you vote up and down on those? What about annual school, city, county taxes if they're kept under the 4 percent (I believe that's still accurate) threshold? We elect people to make smart decisions for us. They're called representatives. So now you think it's necessary for the public to vote on routine levies for libraries because of some technicality in legislation enacted more than 30 years ago?

Sheesh. Hopefully the higher courts or the state legislature will fix this before Rand Paul's army of marching morons does more damage.

Ahhh the old " war on women" Oscar Mayer Bologna. Laughable. Sad . Blind . Me -- Pay for your own BC's --- Twotoplace ' YOU HATE WOMEN" .. lol ME . Lets vote on tax levies Two : you wage war on reading ... demogoguery at its finest.

Better try again with this one after you've had a good night's sleep.

Edited by Randy Parker

Here are some facts for you to absorb: Do you get to vote on cable TV rates? What about electric, gas, sewer, water? Do you vote up and down on those? What about annual school, city, county taxes if they're kept under the 4 percent (I believe that's still accurate) threshold? We elect people to make smart decisions for us. They're called representatives. So now you think it's necessary for the public to vote on routine levies for libraries because of some technicality in legislation enacted more than 30 years ago?

Sheesh. Hopefully the higher courts or the state legislature will fix this before Rand Paul's army of marching morons does more damage.

Its not a technicality its breaking the law. Regular citizens can't plead on a technicality when breaking the law why should the government . Do we elect people who run the library ?

Its not a technicality its breaking the law. Regular citizens can't plead on a technicality when breaking the law why should the government . Do we elect people who run the library ?

Library boards are appointed.

You are more than welcome to write the starving library a check. We won't stop you, I promise.

Excellent idea. I would urge everyone to (a) write a check to their local library and (b) use the library often. My two library cards are among my most prized possessions. Our 16th president, Abraham Lincoln, was an avid reader, a self-taught man. Books were a vital part of Lincoln's life.

So you advocate breaking the law if it suits your needs? Sounds like a typical criminal. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm all for adequately funding the library system but lets do it legally , with a referendum from the voters . Also libraries should not become as it were video stores ,Books a Reference section public access computers and Music ,but not videos .