IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups

Bash -- This is almost as bad as Clarence Thomas ruling on the Affordable Health Care Act while his wife Ginni raked in more than a million bucks lobbying to defeat said act. Yet Clancy says this is all above-board. Ha ha ha.

I'm glad you can see that it is bad, as was Thomas' situation.

Richard Nixon only had a limited enemies list, it appears the enemies list for the current administration is simply "conservatives" or even "names that sound conservative".

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you can see that it is bad, as was Thomas' situation.

Richard Nixon only had a limited enemies list, it appears the enemies list for the current administration is simply "conservatives" or even "names that sound conservative".

I hope I don't get audited by the IRS because I'm a trial member of Bluegrasspreps.com. I hope the IRS realizes that not everyone who posts here is a right-wing fanatic.

I hope I don't get audited by the IRS because I'm a trial member of Bluegrasspreps.com. I hope the IRS realizes that not everyone who posts here is a right-wing fanatic.

First you deflect then you attack someone's character keep it up Chomsky .

I just hope the left remembers the precedents the Obama white house is setting with their heavy-handed, Chicago style politics. I don't want to hear any crying about the IRS investigating liberal groups or wire tapping the liberal press or arming our enemies and drug cartels etc, etc.

You really have a tough time staying focused on the topic, don't you?

Hal Rogers, who is chairman of the Appropriations Committee, was just on Fox News talking about the wasteful spending at conference meetings of IRS workers. Some hotel rooms were $1,500 per night. He also suspects that people higher up the totem pole that were in control of decisions are using lower level workers as scapegoats in the targeting Tea Party members and other conservative groups. He also threw out a word I haven't heard much since the Watergate days, "enemies list". Seems the IRS had one. These Watergate terms may become more familiar in the next few months. "Stonewall", anyone.
Do you mean we get more Deepthroat?

Is that a bad thing?

You really have a tough time staying focused on the topic, don't you?

You're right. I have a bit of an attention disorder. Perhaps you and Lipton Bash would be so kind as to send me a copy of the BGP rule that requires posters to always stay within the defined limits of "free speech." We certainly can't have people posting "outside the box" on this erudite thread.

By the way, what's a "Chomsky"?

You're right. I have a bit of an attention disorder. Perhaps you and Lipton Bash would be so kind as to send me a copy of the BGP rule that requires posters to always stay within the defined limits of "free speech." We certainly can't have people posting "outside the box" on this erudite thread.

By the way, what's a "Chomsky"?

No rule, just common sense to actually talk about the subject.

I have no idea what a Chomsky represents.