Walton Job?

Let's say Clinkenbeard becomes the boy's coach, that will make the 5th coach for the girls in the past 7 or 8 years. Short shelf life for bball coaches at WV.

Even with WV short self life, other than one upset they have consistently kicked your butt, even though after your big upset your made a really good showing against Simon and Anderson.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, that makes the comment to me yesterday from a Grant Co person that Hicks was going to Walton seem more valid. Interesting.

Amazing, after all of this posting about Hicks and Carr leaving Grant that a few posters from Grant have gotten very silent. (Jaws, Braves1, BGC, almost funny)

Amazing' date=' after all of this posting about Hicks and Carr leaving Grant that a few posters from Grant have gotten very silent. (Jaws, Braves1, BGC, almost funny)[/quote']:laugh: I didnt see alot of posting! Maybe 1 or 2 comments. Just goes to show that you along with a few others know absolutely nothing!

What? Jim Bob, Jake, and John Boy going to NCC? Those 3 Waltons aren't going to NCC. If they do the Khsaa will launch an investigation to make sure the parent went from paying nothing to paying the $18,000 a year to NCC for 3 kids to go there. Is NCC giving scholarships for transfers now? I doubt that happens. That's a lot of money to pay for that All A title.

I guess you didn't hear......NewCath alum and NBA HOF'er Dave Cowans wrote a BIG check with strict instructions that this money be used to give scholarships to transfer students wanting into the program. :sssh: :ohbrother:

So have the Moeves boys left Walton yet for the hill?

Have I missed the new KHSAA ruling that kids can just transfer year to year, team to team without actually moving, sitting out, etc.??

The word is......house is up for sale, looking to move.

Trame resigning is Walton's loss. Trame did a fine job at Walton. If players choose to leave, so be it. I guess the parents won this battle and the easy solution for the administration is to get another parent to coach. Let the inmates run the asylum!!
It's pretty obvious to me that you didn't do your homework. Trame is apparently a very good person....there is no disputing that. However, if you think that the boy's basketball program is in good shape....then you obviously do not pay attention. If you think what the administration is going through right now is the "easy solution"...then again you're misguided or misinformed.

It's pretty obvious to me that you didn't do your homework. Trame is apparently a very good person....there is no disputing that. However, if you think that the boy's basketball program is in good shape....then you obviously do not pay attention. If you think what the administration is going through right now is the "easy solution"...then again you're misguided or misinformed.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me why Clinkenbeard is exactly what the boys program needs!

I did do my homework and I made an "A". Sorry you get so defensive when someone doesn't agree with you and you resort to personal attacks. The boys program is not in good shape because they lack a quality talent pool and unfortunately there isn't much coming up in the near future. I guess you're going to blame Trame for the Moeves boys leaving (if they do)? Walton will be able to compete at the A level but if you think they will be contenders for the region in the next few years, man are you mistaken. In regards to the administration, who cares? They will do what they want. I'm still waiting for an answer to my previous question.

I will put this one in the rumors category, although I heard this from someone who should have some insight.

The expected next boys coach is Clinkenbeard.

I also heard a rumor on someone who is interested in taking his place as the girls coach but I am not going to be the first to throw that out there.

Not going to happen, got this from a fellow BGP'er who was sitting next to Clinkenbeard at the girls tourney when I text him about Clink being the next boys coach.

I did do my homework and I made an "A". Sorry you get so defensive when someone doesn't agree with you and you resort to personal attacks. The boys program is not in good shape because they lack a quality talent pool and unfortunately there isn't much coming up in the near future. I guess you're going to blame Trame for the Moeves boys leaving (if they do)? Walton will be able to compete at the A level but if you think they will be contenders for the region in the next few years, man are you mistaken. In regards to the administration, who cares? They will do what they want. I'm still waiting for an answer to my previous question.
What I get personal about is when people get on here and make accusations and/or statements about a program that they no nothing about. You have made references in previous posts about the parents running the program and about the administration giving in to the parents....and that is just simple incorrect. Trame resigned....he wasn't fired - plan and simple.

What the program needs is a coach that understands what it takes to have some success at a small school. They need someone who understands the importance of developing players starting in the lower grades, have quality coaches throughout your system and someone that can coach the game at the high school level. Those are all things that Clinkenbeard can do. Have some conversations with Mark and I think you'll see that these are things that he cares about with a program. I'm certainly not saying that Clinkenbeard is the only answer....but at this point a decision needs to be made and he would be the most logical choice.

I don't believe that I've read any posts from anyone, nor myself, that is from Walton that has mentioned anything about contending for a regional title so I'm not sure where that statement comes from. How about being competitive -- I would take that. Trame obviously was an excellent coach...but he cared nothing about what went on at the middle school or grade school level --- and those were his words, not mine. When Trame took over the program he didn't exactly inherit an empty cupboard. He had some nice players sprinkled throughout the system and he had quality coaches at the middle school level. Now.....that is not the case. Yes, I do blame Trame for the Moeves leaving, as well as for Burns, the McCubbins and the McNeils leaving. He was exactly the reason why they left. If the Moeves leave for greener pastures, then that will have been 9 kids that have left the program. In a small school it's hard to fill that void.

What I get personal about is when people get on here and make accusations and/or statements about a program that they no nothing about. You have made references in previous posts about the parents running the program and about the administration giving in to the parents....and that is just simple incorrect. Trame resigned....he wasn't fired - plan and simple.

What the program needs is a coach that understands what it takes to have some success at a small school. They need someone who understands the importance of developing players starting in the lower grades, have quality coaches throughout your system and someone that can coach the game at the high school level. Those are all things that Clinkenbeard can do. Have some conversations with Mark and I think you'll see that these are things that he cares about with a program. I'm certainly not saying that Clinkenbeard is the only answer....but at this point a decision needs to be made and he would be the most logical choice.

I don't believe that I've read any posts from anyone, nor myself, that is from Walton that has mentioned anything about contending for a regional title so I'm not sure where that statement comes from. How about being competitive -- I would take that. Trame obviously was an excellent coach...but he cared nothing about what went on at the middle school or grade school level --- and those were his words, not mine. When Trame took over the program he didn't exactly inherit an empty cupboard. He had some nice players sprinkled throughout the system and he had quality coaches at the middle school level. Now.....that is not the case. Yes, I do blame Trame for the Moeves leaving, as well as for Burns, the McCubbins and the McNeils leaving. He was exactly the reason why they left. If the Moeves leave for greener pastures, then that will have been 9 kids that have left the program. In a small school it's hard to fill that void.

Why would the Moeves boys leave now that Trame is gone? You can't blame Trame, oh excuse me, you are. Why would Clinkenbeard leave the girls job after only two years and go to the boys side? I know his daughter graduates which makes sense why he might want out of the girls position. I can think of only two other reasons why he would want the boys.

Not going to happen, got this from a fellow BGP'er who was sitting next to Clinkenbeard at the girls tourney when I text him about Clink being the next boys coach.

I do believe it will be a new face. I'm sure Clinkenbeard could do the job but sometimes bringing someone in who is new to the program is best.