Walton Job?

On the question posed to me above by SixthMan about why Trame is leaving Walton, I don't have any insight. I can only speculate on that like almost every other poster on here.

Speculating is how rumors start. Never a good thing.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will put this one in the rumors category, although I heard this from someone who should have some insight.

The expected next boys coach is Clinkenbeard.

I also heard a rumor on someone who is interested in taking his place as the girls coach but I am not going to be the first to throw that out there.

We heard rumors of Hicks leaving last year and that didn't happen. I know he hasn't stayed anyway for any length of time but why would he even consider leaving Grant with basically the entire team returning and being possibly the 8th Region favorite? Also, I don't think he would fit in real well with the Walton followers.

If my source is correct him not leaving last year wasn't because he didn't apply elsewhere, it was because where he applied didn't offer him the job.

I will put this one in the rumors category, although I heard this from someone who should have some insight.

The expected next boys coach is Clinkenbeard.

I also heard a rumor on someone who is interested in taking his place as the girls coach but I am not going to be the first to throw that out there.

What a mistake that would be. It's going to take someone who can build a team and who has experience with boys.

Go do your homework.

I did my homework. Did you watch the girls team underachieve all year? Yes, I know, they had some injuries (most teams do throughout the course of the season) but the real test is how the head coach responds to it. I don't think anyone would feel that this past season was a success. Walton's boys program is going to need someone who is experienced and knows how to build a program. The coach isn't going to inherit a lot of seasoned talent, like Clinkenbeard did on the girls side. It's going to take someone who is willing to work his butt off and put in the extra time to build this program. This person also needs to be in the school every day and be visible to the players. I don't see this happening with a para-professional. I just don't think the parent route is the way to go and that is no disrespect to Clinkenbeard.

I love these threads regarding coaching vacancies. Everyone knows who would be the best for the position but we never know how it works out until they get in the position. These threads do make for entertaining reading. The Walton administration will do what they feel is best based on the circumstances and I wish them the best of luck making this decision.

I did my homework. Did you watch the girls team underachieve all year? Yes, I know, they had some injuries (most teams do throughout the course of the season) but the real test is how the head coach responds to it. I don't think anyone would feel that this past season was a success. Walton's boys program is going to need someone who is experienced and knows how to build a program. The coach isn't going to inherit a lot of seasoned talent, like Clinkenbeard did on the girls side. It's going to take someone who is willing to work his butt off and put in the extra time to build this program. This person also needs to be in the school every day and be visible to the players. I don't see this happening with a para-professional. I just don't think the parent route is the way to go and that is no disrespect to Clinkenbeard.

Doesn't the bold describe the coach Walton just got rid of?

Doesn't the bold describe the coach Walton just got rid of?

Trame resigning is Walton's loss. Trame did a fine job at Walton. If players choose to leave, so be it. I guess the parents won this battle and the easy solution for the administration is to get another parent to coach. Let the inmates run the asylum!!