Walton Job?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why are they leaving Walton? For a better education? Are they looking for a ring or are they trying to get away from other issues? If it was the coach, he is gone. I'm not sure why one would want to uproot a kid going into his Sr. year. Can't see a kid wanting to move from the country to the city and leave all of his buddies. How old is the younger brother?

I think sophomore and 8th grader. I too can't imagine moving schools senior year unless there are major, major issues. Dare I say this on here? Oh well, here goes---there are other things in life besides basketball. There I said it.

I think sophomore and 8th grader. I too can't imagine moving schools senior year unless there are major, major issues. Dare I say this on here? Oh well, here goes---there are other things in life besides basketball. There I said it.

I believe the older Moeves boy is a junior.

This should be the highest paying job in the state, to put up with all of the mouths!!

No doubt it's tough! Was been like that for years, all the way back to when their withdrawal from the NKAC. Let's say 30+ years. This should have been stopped by the "powers that be" a long time ago.

The most hated man in Walton, the boys varsity basketball coach, of course that goes for Fort Mitchell and Fort Thomas too. Maybe those schools need to enforce the no parent spectator rule.

There also is this factor:

Highlands.......12-16

Walton............9-21

Beechwood......9-22

2011-12 Records

Walton .........18-12

Highlands ......10-19

Beechwood ....8-20

Edited by True blue (and gold)

There also is this factor:

Highlands.......12-16

Walton............9-21

Beechwood......9-22

2011-12 Records

Walton .........18-12

Highlands ......10-19

Beechwood ....8-20

I don't believe Walton's record this year was a determining factor. Trame didn't resign because they were 9-21.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

Have to agree with others here. To me it isn't the coaches at Walton, it is the parents that are the issue, and I suppose the administrators forced to listen to them. I have never seen a small town think they are so loaded with athletes and pro players that somehow just never got the chance. Humorous, except for how sad it really is. Winning the pee wee football championship doesn't mean that super stud is headed to play college football at Alabama, and winning a 3rd grade hoops tournament doesn't mean Coach K will be at Johnny's next game.

Beechwood would have run the tables in Div. III the last two years they have been in Div II and no doubt one of the toughest districts in the states. Look at their schedule. Your "Man Crush" on Noel Rash is a little over the top.

Walton people have always, always been "over the top" in sitting in the stand and "coaching the coach" (pre-internet). Now they are on their way to having a very successful football program and it will only get worse!

Highlands is in the middle of a very successful Football run and no one wants to point out that their AD is also the football coach, but what do I know!

Now with the internet, we have parents and fans, some of whom have never even met the coach and know nothing of what goes on during school/practice saying how terrible of a coach these men are, not just in the stands but to everyone who can read.

Those programs that are the most successful seem to have parents and fans who who are more positive than negative!

The Holmes fans are great! They also where great when they had a not so good coach.

Maybe it is time to show the kids you support them and their coach and stop bashing .

I hope Rick Schumate applies for this job because he seems to know how to ignore the parental pressures. Then again Walton doesn't play NKAC DIV. III.

One of the best moves I saw this year and I saw "Beetle" numerous times!

SENIOR NIGHT:

A known poster (BGP) and basher of a coach goes to shake the hand of the coach and the coach walks away!

SENIOR NIGHT:

A known poster (BGP) and basher of a coach goes to shake the hand of the coach and the coach walks away!

Nice. No clues ?

Beechwood would have run the tables in Div. III the last two years they have been in Div II and no doubt one of the toughest districts in the states. Look at their schedule. Your "Man Crush" on Noel Rash is a little over the top.

Walton people have always, always been "over the top" in sitting in the stand and "coaching the coach" (pre-internet). Now they are on their way to having a very successful football program and it will only get worse!

Highlands is in the middle of a very successful Football run and no one wants to point out that their AD is also the football coach, but what do I know!

Now with the internet, we have parents and fans, some of whom have never even met the coach and know nothing of what goes on during school/practice saying how terrible of a coach these men are, not just in the stands but to everyone who can read.

Those programs that are the most successful seem to have parents and fans who who are more positive than negative!

The Holmes fans are great! They also where great when they had a not so good coach.

Maybe it is time to show the kids you support them and their coach and stop bashing .

I hope Rick Schumate applies for this job because he seems to know how to ignore the parental pressures. Then again Walton doesn't play NKAC DIV. III.

SENIOR NIGHT:

I don't know what this has to do with the thread but find it pretty comical...:laugh:

Pretty much every division two team can probably say the same. That's why they're in division two.

I don't doubt Beechwood's record would have been better if the schedule were weaker. I am not sure where the Rash comment comes into play here and why it has anything to do with the records of the three schools I listed above. I posted the records of the three schools and that is all I did. I did not make any negative comments about any of the coaches at those schools. In fact, I praised Coach Flynn in that thread. Bottom line though, like it or not, the win loss record is a big part of how coaches are judged. And with that, I will not hijack this thread with any more Beechwood comments.

On the question posed to me above by SixthMan about why Trame is leaving Walton, I don't have any insight. I can only speculate on that like almost every other poster on here.

Beechwood has never been in DIV II before the last 2 years. I was answering VOR when pointing out records. Sometimes it pays to read the previous posts. Nothing comical, your post is childish.

Maybe you should put up his quote first so we all know what the heck you are talking about.....your post is childish!