Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Teams not expected to make a run but will

Featured Replies

What teams this season do you think can make a run of some type in the NCAA tourney that may not be expected to or mentioned much? (3rd round-sweet16 and/or more)

My list would include (in no certain order)................

 

Cincinnati - with the way they are coached and play defense I wouldn't count them out in the first weekend.

Minnesota - Have lost a few the big10 but as tough as that conference is I believe if the Gophers get in they could do some damage. (same reasons as UC plus are very experienced).

Butler - They're not bad at all and with Brad Stevens at the helm they could win a few.

Colorado- they have been as good as any out west.

 

Gonzaga - First of all, I know they are ranked #5 this week but untill this past week even though ranked fairly high weren't mention to win much. I think they could be a final four team and possibly win the championship. Two good guards, very good frontline with as good as big man as there is in the country. Mark Few sure doesn't hurt either.

 

 

I didn't add U.K. bc 'IF' they get in, without Nerlens I'm not so sure they make it to the sweet sixteen.

Teams like Wisconsin and Minnesota are always hard to play.

  • Author

Forgot all about Wisconsin. I agree.

I'll add New Mexico to the mix, if they get to stay out west.

I'll add New Mexico to the mix, if they get to stay out west.

 

I agree, they could cause problems for plenty of teams.

I was watching the college version of Sportscenter on ESPNU this morning - the two teams they mentioned were UNLV and Illinois.

Miami.

I would say most feel like Miami is primed for a Sweet 16 appearance since they are projected as a #1 seed.

 

I am going with VCU.

Ohio State, some MVC team, and NCST.

MVC is looking like a 1 bid league now. McDermott went over the 2000 point mark yesterday in his Junior season. Amazing.

MVC is looking like a 1 bid league now. McDermott went over the 2000 point mark yesterday in his Junior season. Amazing.

 

Dana O'Neil said that there was a possibility he could be Player of the Year on a team that doesn't make the tourney. No Wooden winner has ever played on a non-tourney team. He's currently running second in a straw poll of actual voters to Trey Burke.

NCST.

 

Gottfried. Nope...

  • Author
I would say most feel like Miami is primed for a Sweet 16 appearance since they are projected as a #1 seed.

 

I am going with VCU.

 

I agree on VCU. Miami imo doesn't fit in this group, they are ranked in the top 5 plus have beaten Duke convincingly, are still unbeaten in the ACC. I believe that they are a legit final 4 contender, jmo

Gottfried. Nope...

 

I think they are a better team than last year's team which made the Sweet 16. They have the talent to put a run together. Need better guard-play though. Purvis has been underwhelming IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.