8th and 9th regions POY

Not a shot at Morgan, but Sampson has the better offensive game. I have them close due to Kristians defense and effort. Sampson can get you shooting a jumper and can get to the basket. Defenses sag off Kristian trying to take away the drive because his jumper is so inconsistent.

Ask Anderson County about that.....since he scored 30 against them last night, most of which were jumpers. Kristian is averaging 25 points and 6.2 rebounds a game.So now, I ask....Which of them is the best all around player and more deserving of POY in the 8th?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask Anderson County about that.....since he scored 30 against them last night, most of which were jumpers. Kristian is averaging 25 points and 6.2 rebounds a game.So now, I ask....Which of them is the best all around player and more deserving of POY in the 8th?

Sampson is the best player on a better team, IMO I'll always go that way but Morgan has been great.

I don't feel either will win 8th POY.

Sampson is the best player on a better team, IMO I'll always go that way but Morgan has been great.

I don't feel either will win 8th POY.

Sampson is a good player but his team isn't even the #1 seed in their district. My vote goes to Marshall. Marvel has a good point on the Anglin kid from Grant. He is their version DeAndre Liggins.

Hatton is the best scorer in the 9th region.

Bolden is the best all around player in the 9th region.

Campbell is the most dominant player for the simple fact that his size allows him to do things the above two can't do.

Are you trying to say Campbell will get it but Hatton and Bolden are right behind him?

Hatton can score from anywhere on the floor, get you 40 if you need it, rebound and guard a big. Bolden doesn't score from the block and doesn't rebound. He's scoring from jump shots at the elbow and layups. Brandon is more versatile.

Bolden also makes all his teammates better.

Hatton is the best scorer in the 9th region.

Bolden is the best all around player in the 9th region.

Campbell is the most dominant player for the simple fact that his size allows him to do things the above two can't do.

His size also prevents him from being as quick as Bolden. His size prevents him from getting as many touches since he can't be the PG. He excels despite not having Bolden's quickness.

Every player has strengths. The question is how well they use them.

How did the head to head match up go earlier? They guard each other? Who did what?

I think the top two candidates this year have to be Bolden and Campbell. Right behind those two is Hatton. I'd give the favorite to Campbell as of right now, being a sr, but depending on the next couple weeks it could likely change. If holmes goes undefeated into the regional, it would be hard for Bolden to not get it with the way he has taken over the 9th this year. But then again Capmbell is as dominant as they come all around wise.